Could you sticky a link to the README (update notes)?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
rockandroller

Could you sticky a link to the README (update notes)?

Post by rockandroller »

I just did 1.30-to-1.30.0-4 YUM update, now I can't find the readme (thought it was in /VAR/LIBS/ZONEMINDER/DOCS, but nothing there).
Just want to run the post-upgrade db update script, it's a little one-liner as I recall.

Been looking all over the site here for "update" instructions, can't seem to see them in doc or wiki. Lots on "INSTALL", but don't see that db update line in there anywhere.
rockandroller

Re: Could you sticky a link to the README (update notes)?

Post by rockandroller »

Ah...OK, I found it! (the CentOS7 one) https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinde ... ME.Centos7

And the minor update didn't require it anyway ("Database already at version 1.30.0, update aborted".)
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

The Linux standard for documentation (all distros) is under the folder /usr/share/doc. Under that folder is the documentation for all the packages installed on your system, sorted by application name. e.g. /usr/share/doc/zoneminder

The location of the ZoneMinder readme is also shown on your screen during the yum update process. There is no way to pause the screen during package installation (I tried), so you have to watch for it or just scroll up after the upgrade completes.

The link you found points to the latest and greatest instructions. At any given time, there is a chance those instructions could apply to a newer package than what you are installing if, for example, I make a change that has not been released yet.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
rockandroller

Post by rockandroller »

Thanks!! My memory banks were incapacitated due to a shortage of morning caffeine...
rockandroller

Post by rockandroller »

Posted this for future reference (centOS 7 post update script!) - I keep forgetting where this script is located, and it's not in the wiki :)

--zoneminder version upgrade

service zoneminder stop
cd /usr/bin
zmupdate.pl
--( this may take several minutes... )
service zoneminder start