1.30 tests on USB flash drive

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I kind of went nuts. I had a working ZoneMinder 1.29.0 running on Puppy Linux tahr-6.0.5 which uses Ubuntu binaries. That is installed with Apache 2.4.7, MySQL 5.5.46 and PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4 on a 4 gig usb flash drive.
I installed zoneminder using iconner PPA through the Puppy Package Manager. Everything worked really well.
So I decided to clone a copy of 1.30.0 from GitHub and built it from source on top of of the existing 1.29.0 install so in effect an upgrade.
Which after some small Apache config changes works nicely EXCEPT the paths to the events are incomplete and throwing file not found errors. I can make events and they are stored correctly and the live streams are okay....but when I look at Stills or Frames and attempt video generation or event export the paths to the event are incomplete.and this error:

Code: Select all

Warning: opendir(events/2/16/06/05/14/36/59): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /usr/local/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/views/video.php on line 69
when opening video generation window. I probably just have some config error or mismatch someplace but what does any one think? Start over clean?
rockedge

Re: 1.30 tests on USB flash drive

Post by rockedge »

as a note, I have seen this before with some installs of 1.28.108 which was addressed with code modifications and added in later versions
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Solved the problem of incorrect event paths. For some reason there was a difference in the dates being used by the mysql server and apache. The paths being generated were 1 month ahead! So if the path should be something like event/2/16/06/06/11/16/38 it was stored by mysql as this:event/2/16/06/07/11/16/38.
So I stopped the mysql server and restarted and now all the features and functions work again. So probably nothing wrong with ZoneMinder v1.30rc1 which works so far very well.
asker

Post by asker »

how many cameras do you monitor with the USB install?
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

At the moment I am running 3 cameras.1 D-Link DCS-930L,1 HooToo IP camera and one stream from a camera 5 miles away streamed by a zoneminder 1.27 setup streaming a microsoft webcam. It is all RAM dependent, this machine now has 4 gigs of RAM, my OS runs in RAM and with ZM installed and running uses about 300 megs.So some room to run the cams at 320x240.