Local copy of a remote ZM server

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
trumee

Local copy of a remote ZM server

Post by trumee »

Hello,

I have a ZM server running at a remote location. Is it possible to make a local clone of the remote ZM server, so that all the events/db get copied over automatically?

This way i can browse through the events locally without logging into the remote server. In addition, if the remote server breaks down or gets stolen i will have a copy of the events and the db.

Thanks
emailej

Re: Local copy of a remote ZM server

Post by emailej »

I guess you could setup a cron to do a daily dump of remote sql database, and rsync that plus your events, images directories to your local machine. Then import the database and do zmaudit.pl? Never tried it but seems like it could work in theory.

Cheers,

Eric
bbunge

Re: Local copy of a remote ZM server

Post by bbunge »

I have seen something like this discussed before. Something akin to mirrored network drives? I suppose you could use cloud storage for events and database storage although there could be a lot of latency in the database. Doing a sync at night might work if you have enough bandwidth. Multiple ZM server setup would work with off site storage but you would still have one database and events storage. Thinking...thinking...