ProxMox iconnor repository

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
Pedulla

ProxMox iconnor repository

Post by Pedulla »

I've pulled my hair for a couple of days now trying to install 1.30.4 on a Ubuntu 16.04 server running in a ProxMox 5(PVE) container VM.
I tried several times using both the manual steps and script here https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way
System would not start with journalctl -xe saying can't connect to database. .../zm/ Web page says same thing.

In every attempt the zm database was not being created, whether I used MySQL or MariaDB.
So, I manually created a zm database and imported a zm database from a working 1.30.4 system.
When I started zm it complained
Aug 20 19:52:06 ZoneMinder zmpkg[2365]: FAT [Version mismatch, system is version 1.29.0, database is 1.30.4, please run zmup
So I run zmupdate.pl and start zoneminder again; great systems up, but the Web console says I'm running 1.29.0 - Whaaa!?!

So the uname in my vm is:
Linux ZoneMinder 4.10.17-2-pve #1 SMP PVE 4.10.17-19 (Fri, 4 Aug 2017 13:34:37 +0200) x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Is this freak'n out the install and pulling an older version?
I don't get what's going on...
Pedulla

Re: ProxMox iconnor repository

Post by Pedulla »

Okay, so exact same procedure in full KVM VM, as opposed to a PVE Container and viola... everything works as expected...

I'd like to figure out how to get it to install in the container if anyone can shed some light.

ProxMox 5 is based on Debian 9 "Stretch", which means the container is also based on the same.
Thanks
rockedge

Re: ProxMox iconnor repository

Post by rockedge »

odd..... I had all kinds of problems installing ZM on XenialDog, an OS based on a really minimal install of Ubuntu 16.04...exactly as you describe. Not any container but a frugally installed version similar to Puppy Linux. I started off with 1.31.1 and it would work until I rebooted. Then no db connection. I am finally got it going mostly error free but as to why exactly I am not sure.