Events not showing in 1.30.4

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
sgharp

Events not showing in 1.30.4

Post by sgharp »

Hi,

I've just setup ZM v1.30.4 from the iconnor repo and my events not viewable. When I click to view an event, I just get a blank box. I can view camera feeds and thumbnails just fine.

Ubuntu 16.04 x64
MySQL 14.14
Browsers: Opera & Chrome on OSX and IE on Win10

Here's the error:
SQL-ERR 'SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1055 Expression #1 of SELECT list is not in GROUP BY clause and contains nonaggregated column 'zm.Events.Id' which is not functionally dependent on columns in GROUP BY clause; this is incompatible with sql_mode=only_full_group_by', statement was 'select Events.Id as Id, MonitorId, Name, Cause, StartTime, date_format( StartTime, '%y/%m/%d %H:%i:%S' ) as StartTimeShort, EndTime, Width, Height, Length, Frames, AlarmFrames, TotScore, AvgScore, MaxScore, Archived, Videoed, Uploaded, Emailed, Messaged, Executed, Notes, min(Frames.FrameId) as MinFrameId, max(Frames.FrameId) as MaxFrameId, min(Frames.Delta) as MinFrameDelta, max(Frames.Delta) as MaxFrameDelta from Events left join Frames on Events.Id = Frames.EventId where Events.Id = ? group by Frames.EventId limit 1'
I tried running 'zmupdate.pl -f' and got:
Freshening configuration in database
Loading config from DB
Saving config to DB
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Data too long for column 'DefaultValue' at row 1 at /usr/share/perl5/ZoneMinder/Config.pm line 222.
Can't execute: Data too long for column 'DefaultValue' at row 1 at /usr/bin/zmupdate.pl line 343.
Thanks for any ideas?
bbunge

Re: Events not showing in 1.30.4

Post by bbunge »

Did you do the very last step in the install procedure and change the PATH_ZMS?
sgharp

Post by sgharp »

I found the solution. It turns out that the version reported by 'mysql -V' is 14.14 but the correct version is 5.7. Go figure. Due to changes in 5.7, a sql_mode setting needs to be added to the [mysqld] section of the my.cnf file (sql_mode = NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION).

Info is here:
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... _with_LAMP

and here:
https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7/en/sql-mode.html
sgharp

Post by sgharp »

bbunge wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:13 pm Did you do the very last step in the install procedure and change the PATH_ZMS?
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I had checked that and all is good with ZM settings.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

sgharp wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:16 pm
bbunge wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:13 pm Did you do the very last step in the install procedure and change the PATH_ZMS?
Yes, I looked over your entire post after I had written the comment and realized I had given you the wrong answer. had other things cooking and could not get back to correct my mistake. Glad you found the answer. Also, Mariadb, in my opinion, works better with Zoneminder than MySQL.
sgharp

Post by sgharp »

bbunge wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:14 pm
sgharp wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:16 pm
Yes, I looked over your entire post after I had written the comment and realized I had given you the wrong answer. had other things cooking and could not get back to correct my mistake. Glad you found the answer. Also, Mariadb, in my opinion, works better with Zoneminder than MySQL.
No problem about the mistake. I still appreciate the input. And yes, I agree about MariaDB. I generally prefer it to MySQL mainly because of who owns MySQL; the evil empire. :lol: