Please ask for help

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
factor200x

Please ask for help

Post by factor200x »

Good morning,

I am new to the Zoneminder world and have a problem I cannot solve. First of all I would like to say that I am new in the field of video technology and have no experience until now. My boss assigned me the task and I now try to gain an insight and get a test system up and running.

The technical conditions:

PC
HP Z620 / 1 CPU / 16 GB RAM
Capture Card: Bluecherry PV-981 4 ports
ZM: 1.29
Camera: IR Eyeball HD-TVI 1080P

My problem:

The installation was done as described at https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Debian_8_64 ... e_Easy_Way.

After the installation I set up a monitor. I have attached the configuration as a file. When I open the monitor, I see a flickering picture. In the meantime I searched for a solution in the forum and all the approaches I found did not bring a solution.

I would be more than grateful if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong and help me find a solution.

Thanks and regards
Olaf
Attachments
camera_pic.png
camera_pic.png (105.45 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
monitor_cnf1.png
monitor_cnf1.png (33.61 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
monitor_cnf.png
monitor_cnf.png (27.65 KiB) Viewed 3961 times
bbunge

Re: Please ask for help

Post by bbunge »

Leave the pallet set to auto and try other formats. With USB cameras I start with PALB. If you do not have an auto setting consider installing Debian 9 or Ubuntu to install ZM 1.30.4. With newer versions of Linux you may not have support for the capture card
factor200x

Post by factor200x »

Good morning bunge,

I've tested all, really all, combinations. Debian 8 with ZM 1.29, Debian 9 with version 1.30.4 of ZM. All device formats (PAL to ATSC), the result remains the same. The image is distorted and flickering.

In the meantime I wrote to the support of Bluecherry. The future from there is not quite clear to me. The PV-981 would run in NTSC mode and I had to configure for PAL. Unfortunately, my Google search of how to configure the PV-981 did not yield any results and Bluecherry is somehow not really interested in helping.

I'm going crazy...

Olaf
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I use that card myself, and it works fine, although mine is ntsc.

I suspect that the palette setting is the cause. Agree with bbunge to set to auto.
Also, just for performance, change to 32bit so you can use SSE instructions.
factor200x

Post by factor200x »

Good morning iconnor ,

can you tell me which distribution and kernel you use?

Thanks,
Olaf