Grab a random stream via url

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
lalam

Grab a random stream via url

Post by lalam »

Hi,

my name is lars and i am a zone minder newbie. zm runs with 6 cams on a raspberry 3 in my home.
all works fine. so - i have got a smart home system based on homematic and mediola neo creator (this is an java based app builder) an i can integrate webcams in the smart home gui.
http://192.168.0.xx/zm/cgi-bin/zms?mode ... x&pass=yyy works fine. refresh is adjustable in mediola.

Ist there a way (known) to grab random cameras with zone minder via one url? means something like "monitor=random" ....

On my smart home index page i want circle the cams or show random cams.

i hope you understand what i mean because my english is not very good :-)
Attachments
screenshot of mediola
screenshot of mediola
Bildschirmfoto 2017-11-25 um 13.00.40.jpg (299.89 KiB) Viewed 3011 times
bbunge

Re: Grab a random stream via url

Post by bbunge »

Zoneminder has a Cycle function that will display each camera in turn based on time/bandwidth. It should be possible to set up an user with view only permission, copy the URL of the cycle window into the web page and see each camera in turn. While not random it should work. With a bit of work you may be able to use URL links from each camera window and have a randomize script.

bb
rockedge

Re: Grab a random stream via url

Post by rockedge »

your English is good enough! nice house by the way....I agree with bbunge that the cycle monitors function is a good start. You can determine the stream URLs (which you already did) and use a script to pick which one to display with a random number generator. Maybe just modify the cycle monitor php code to add a random feature?