Grandstream GXV3504 - Source path?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
BobLaske

Grandstream GXV3504 - Source path?

Post by BobLaske »

When using the grandstream GXV3504, do I have to add one monitor for each channel or am I missing something?

I'm totally new to zoneminder and learning about it. For now, I've created four different monitors, each using rtsp://192.168.1.227/x but wondered if there is something I am missing, maybe the ability to switch between cameras in one monitor?

It seems that grouping is the way to do this but not 100% sure and still reading documentation but though I'd ask.

Thanks for any help.
snake

Re: Grandstream GXV3504 - Source path?

Post by snake »

For the source path, you can find GXV3504 covered in the wiki hardware compatibility list. You mention you are using the RTSP stream, but there is also an MJPEG stream. I don't recommend the GXV3504. I've had a number of these fail. Try searching online for better name brand used video encoders. They can be obtained cheaply (<100 or <50 dollars).

Four different monitors is correct.

Switching between cameras in one monitor... That's not something I have dealt with. The GXV I don't believe has this functionality, nor am I aware of any such in ZM.
BobLaske

Re: Grandstream GXV3504 - Source path?

Post by BobLaske »

I just happened to have purchased the Gransdtream for test using ZM but yes, I'll be looking at others.
I don't recall seeing anything but rtsp paths. Maybe I missed something.

In terms of the individual cameras, now it makes sense so I appreciate your input on this.

Thanks.