Raspberry Pi camera module

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
onlize

Raspberry Pi camera module

Post by onlize »

Hello,

I installed and configured camera module on Raspberry Pi 3 using this page: http://elinux.org/RPi-Cam-Web-Interface. Everything looks good and I can use camera if I go to the webpage: http://192.168.1.5/html/.

When I try to add this camera to my ZoneMinder installation, it gives me the blank page. What am I doing wrong? Can someone help me with this?
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (22.22 KiB) Viewed 15085 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (41.42 KiB) Viewed 15085 times
mikb

Re: Raspberry Pi camera module

Post by mikb »

I skimmed down those instructions you followed, with a "TL;DR" feeling about it :(

Guessing #1: Remote host path of just "html" isn't actually pointing directly at the jpeg/motion-jpeg/h264 stream. Find the real URL that goes directly to the video feed, and use that. You may have to look more closely at the page served up (in a web browser) to find the real address of the video stream.

Guessing #2: Why do you think the camera resolution would be 648 x 486? That's a very specific, and yet odd, number. It needs to be exactly right for Zoneminder to work, so no rounding up/down/guessing allowed :)
Trigun

Post by Trigun »

Hi, I am having the exact same issue, did you already find an answer onllize?

thnx in advance!
mikb

Post by mikb »

OP didn't come back and say "that worked" or "those suggestions were rubbish", so we'll never know :(

Unless you try it out and tell us, assuming you have the same settings and problem on a PI :)
Trigun

Post by Trigun »

yeah already tried those. it was my first setup. from there I moved on to using MotioneyeOS with Zoneminder, unfortunately both no luck.
I am kinda stuck here :) :P