Resolution scale of monitor

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
JoshZ17

Resolution scale of monitor

Post by JoshZ17 »

I cant seem to find this topic, but I might just be bad at searching.

My issue is that I have cameras with different resolutions. Eg 640x480 and 1920x1080
When I view these in the montage or cycle they are not scaled alike. I don't want to change the resolution of my 1920x1080 camera to match the 640x480 monitor simply for montage viewing. However I do want them to be viewable side by side and scaled alike.

Is this possible to have one monitor scaled to 1/2 and another to 3/4 or have them fill the screen? It is annoing that 1 of my camera monitors is 1/6 the size of the others.

Does this make sense? Is this possible?

Short answer to myself is to get cameras that are all the same resolution, but being this is zoneminder and budget security is our game I thought I would ask.

Thanks
bbunge

Re: Resolution scale of monitor

Post by bbunge »

I've had the same thoughts. Was using a 20 year old Axix camera that had a low resolution so most of the cameras were set to 320x240 so the montage view would look better. A recent "event" was captured by zoneminder but with low resolution we could not positively ID the person. Pushing the resolution up to 640x480 made things better and I was able to find a replacement for the Axix oldie! A couple of the cameras including the replacement are Foscam HD cameras so I have the width all set to 640. This gives a good montage without having to scale.