netgear arlo

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
brian417

netgear arlo

Post by brian417 »

ok so I installed the ZM docker on my limetech server after purchasing the basic Arlo camera and base station. I like the wireless configuration of the Arlo but absolutely despise the fact that I have to log onto their website just view my camera and recordings this makes me feel less secure not more. apparently the Arlo is not compatible with ZM or is it? the base station has an ip assigned by my router so there should be a way to hack it so it can be used with ZM and to bypass the Arlo website but my search has not resulted in anything useful. so my question is, does anybody know how to make Arlo work with ZM? if not, what camera would anyone recommend that has the wireless configuration like the Arlo and is compatible with zoneminder.
bbunge

Re: netgear arlo

Post by bbunge »

Looking at the Arlo manual (https://www.arlo.com/en-us/images/Docum ... ree_um.pdf) it appears that you do not log into Netgear to view your cameras but the base station on your local network. "arlo.network.com" is something like the way I can log into my router with "router.asus.com" If you know the IP address of the base station you should be able to use it to login.

With that said, if you can use a browser to get into your base station it is possible you can get Zoneminder to work. You may have to explore the page source your browser gets from the base station to discover the string to access the camera video stream.

However, some quick Google searches leads me to believe that you just may fail with Arlo. Netgear seems to have locked things down. Sort of a cool feature to have a battery operated remote camera..

Amcrest, formerly Foscam, has some good WIFI cameras. There are others out there but you will have to get power to them. May be better with PoE cameras.

Good luck!
axwack

Post by axwack »

So take a look at the following REST Reversal. This gentleman has documented how to access the cams via REST API and Python but I want more control (like CVR onto my own storage devices).

https://github.com/jeffreydwalter/arlo

If anyone can see if they can get Arlo Pro 2 work, that would be immensely appreciated.
dj_sa

Post by dj_sa »