Alarm notification for specific zones

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
dmitripr

Alarm notification for specific zones

Post by dmitripr »

Hi all, is there a way to set up alarm notification for specific zones of a monitor only. I currently have email notification set up for a monitor, but I would like to add a zone that will trigger recording of an event, but not send me an email (but I still want to receive emails for a different zone on the same monitor). Possible?

I've read that you can duplicate a monitor and use that to records events, but not send notifications. Would that also double the processing required for that monitor (i.e. zoneminder will process two monitors for the same camera independently of each other)?

Thanks!
Magoo

Re: Alarm notification for specific zones

Post by Magoo »

I also would like to know how to do this..
rockedge

Re: Alarm notification for specific zones

Post by rockedge »

sometime ago there was a thread on this forum dealing how to receive notification from individual zones setup for the same monitor. I think the way to do this at the time was to set up for example Camera #1 as Monitor 1, Monitor 2, Monitor 3. So 3 monitors in ZM for the Camera #1. Monitor 1 has a zone called "Door"....... Monitor 2 has a zone called "window"..... Monitor 3 has a zone called "hallway".
each monitor will send a notification when it is in an "Alarm" state or have one just record and not send an email. This was the best easiest method so far and gives a lot of flexibility and will achieve what you are looking to do!!??