Oh no! Just armed the email alarm option and I'm getting EVERY alarm in history emailed. How do I stop it??!!

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
777funk

Oh no! Just armed the email alarm option and I'm getting EVERY alarm in history emailed. How do I stop it??!!

Post by 777funk »

I'd like it to ideally email only the alarms from now forward. I put that in the condition (time greater than or equal to now) but it didn't seem to help.
mikb

Re: Oh no! Just armed the email alarm option and I'm getting EVERY alarm in history emailed. How do I stop it??!!

Post by mikb »

I'm having a logical crisis reading your posting.

The time is always "now", and the event time unlikely to be greater than "now", unless you wind the PC clock back.

I don't know if ZoneMinder operates the same policy, but if so, it may be confused too :)
777funk

Re: Oh no! Just armed the email alarm option and I'm getting EVERY alarm in history emailed. How do I stop it??!!

Post by 777funk »

I assumed now meant from the time the alarm was set. But I guess that makes sense!
carteriii

Post by carteriii »

I use "Date/Time" "greater than or equal to" "-1 hour" and that has always worked well for me.

Separately the Events table has a column for Emailed so you could use SQL to mark all past ones as emailed. I suspect your filter for "NOW() should have stopped the emails so your system may already have all those emailed queued up, outside of ZM. You might need to flush the mail queue of the operating system/smtp server.
davidma

Post by davidma »

Yeah there probably needs to be warnings about this more in the documentation. A lot of sources are saying to use the 'now' value and that sends all past events as well potentially flooding an email server and basically becoming a DoS attack!