zmNinja not loading monitors (API configuration issue)

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
RyGy7

zmNinja not loading monitors (API configuration issue)

Post by RyGy7 »

I have zm 1.29 on ubuntu 15.10 and I'm trying to use zmninja on my galaxy s7 edge. I am behind a self signed cert and I get the authentication to work but my monitors just never load. I emailed support and they were very helpful with pointing me in the correct direction but I'm not much further.

attmepting the url directly resulted in the error below. I attempted chmod -R 755 www-data:www-data on the api directory but errors with cannot find
www-data.
Thoughts or help appreciated.

https://yourserver/zm/api/monitors.json

Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php on line 379

Warning: _cake_core_ cache was unable to write 'cake_dev_en-us' to File cache in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Cache.php on line 323

Warning: /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/tmp/cache/persistent/ is not writable in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php on line 384

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CacheException' with message 'Cache engine _cake_core_ is not properly configured.' in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Cache.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Cache.php(151): Cache::_buildEngine('_cake_core_') #1 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/Config/core.php(376): Cache::config('_cake_core_', Array) #2 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Core/Configure.php(72): include('/usr/share/zone...') #3 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/bootstrap.php(175): Configure::bootstrap(true) #4 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/webroot/index.php(90): include('/usr/share/zone...') #5 {main} thrown in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Cache.php on line 181
asker

Re: zmNinja not loading monitors

Post by asker »

This is a question related to ZoneMinder - your APIs are not set up correctly. I'm moving it to ZM 1.29 forums
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
RyGy7

Re: zmNinja not loading monitors (API configuration issue)

Post by RyGy7 »

With support I resolved this issue. I totally blanked on the command. If your zmninja app authenticates but monitors just never load

chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api resolved.

I also had to adjust the cgi path in my app.
asker

Re: zmNinja not loading monitors (API configuration issue)

Post by asker »

great!
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs