Camera FPS Not The Same As Recored FPS

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
swatcats

Camera FPS Not The Same As Recored FPS

Post by swatcats »

Hi all,

I am new to ZoneMinder. I have been playing with it for a few days. tweaking the settings till i have them were i want them. However i am running into a problem were my camera is set to 10 FPS but the video playback and generated videos are at 5 FPS. How can i make the recorded FPS the same as the camera?
bbunge

Re: Camera FPS Not The Same As Recored FPS

Post by bbunge »

You may not have a problem. But it would be good to know what cameras you are using, what you used to set them up and what your monitor settings are...
swatcats

Post by swatcats »

I am using 14 cameras, two different camera brands (Grand Stream and Lorex), and different models.

#General:
Source type: Ffmpeg
Function: Modect

#Source
Source Path: rtsp://192.168.250.101/4?tcp
Remote Method: RTP/RTSP
Target colorspace: 24 bit color
Capture Width: 320
Capture Height: 240

#Buffers
Image Buffer Size: 100
Warmup Frames: 25
Pre Event Image Count: 25
Post Event Image Count: 25
Stream Replay Image Buffer: 1000
Alarm Frame Count: 3

Edit: More info the better.

#Camera
Video Codec: H264
Maximum Frame Rate: 10 FPS
Bit Rate Control: CBR
I-frame Interval: 5

System load is around 6 i have 8 cores. I am also having zoneminder just stop randomly not sure why. All the cameras turn red in the web ui, but the web ui still works fine. I have to reboot the server to get it to work agin.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I'm running CentOS 7 with 17 cameras of various vintage and rate. Most using remote. Several on ffmpeg. 320x240 resolution, 5 fps. I've noticed the Foscam h.264 cameras slow down the frame rate on IR. Not a problem for me.

As for the shutdown check to see if your database is running out of buffer space. Run mysqltuner. I've had to set the innodb_buffer_pool_size = 2G and innodb_buffer_pool_instances = 2. There were a couple of other settings that were recommended. Also check your tmpfs for sufficient space.
swatcats

Post by swatcats »

I found out the monitor i was viewing had its sub stream set to 5 FPS. I set it to 10 FPS and that fixed the problem with it only showing 5 FPS. However i am still having live streams and recordings skipping in ZoneMinder. when i view the video stream directly from the camera's web UI at 10 FPS it looks ok. When i view them in ZoneMinder they skip alot. Even if i change the camera to 30 FPS. I have ran mysqltuner it gave me query_cache_size=16M, thread_cache_size=4, innodb_buffer_pool_size=100M, but it said to run it again once the server was up for 24 hours to get a better optimization. Hopefully it wont go down before then. The server has 16GB of RAM. As for the tmpfs it at 30% free space. tmpfs total size is 7.8GB, i have 1.5TB of unused space on the drive. my /dev/mapper/vg_cameraserver-lv_root Is only 50GB. I have cleaned it out before but it fills up fast. what size would you recommend for it?
Last edited by swatcats on Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

It's better to set the FPS in the camera (if option is available) and leave the max FPS settings blank in Zoneminder. This avoids skipping frames.

Hope it helps,

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
swatcats

Post by swatcats »

Sorry i should have said "I found out the camera i was viewing had its sub stream set to 5 FPS"*. The max FPS settings is blank in Zoneminder
swatcats

Post by swatcats »

I had the recordings stop again. This may be due to it running out of disk space. Its hard to say because i think their is a script that runs in the background clearing out files once the disk hits 95%. I have removed my /dev/mapper/vg_cameraserver-lv_home and resized /dev/mapper/vg_cameraserver-lv_root to 1.5TB. I will see what happens in the next 24 hours.