14 Monitors, Monitor 7 blue screen only at Montage view ?!

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
meon

14 Monitors, Monitor 7 blue screen only at Montage view ?!

Post by meon »

I installed 1.29.0 upon Ubuntu 14.04 from PPA. (Running in VM with 2 CPUs and 2048MB Ram)

All 14 Remote Monitors are connected properly and working in Single View and Zyklus.
Only at Montage the monitor No.7 is always being shown as one blue area.

Any ideas?

Until there everything works fine within the known Limitation of Chrome's max 5 Monitors for Montage etc.

Thanks in advance,
mEon
  • Mini-ITX Fractal Nas Array
  • i7-3770K + 12GB DDR3
  • 6x Samsung HD204UI Raid5/Raid6
  • Ubuntu 14.04 Minimal Server
    * Archipel Orchestrator Virtualization Host
    * Xubuntu Desktop with Plank Dock
[/color]
bbunge

Re: 14 Monitors, Monitor 7 blue screen only at Montage view ?!

Post by bbunge »

More memory! Ubuntu grabs half of your RAM for tmpfs. MySQL will use up most of the 1024 left to the OS. Do a df and I bet your /run/shm is mostly used up when watching montage. There used to be a good article in the WIKI about memory required to view video. It was written some time ago when there was discussions about mapped memory.

bb
RicaIii

Post by RicaIii »

Hi...i am a new user here. I think a BSOD happens when the windows kernel encounters an error that it cannot or does not know how to handle, this is usually software related but sometimes can occur when hardware malfunction causing the software to lock or crash.I think what you are experiencing is not so much an OS or software issue, but more a direct hardware issue. The first thing I would check if I was you would be your RAM, being that it is a random lock up and not after a set amount of time, I am guessing part of your RAM is bad.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

RicaIii wrote:Hi...i am a new user here. I think a BSOD happens when the windows kernel encounters an error that it cannot or does not know how to handle, this is usually software related but sometimes can occur when hardware malfunction causing the software to lock or crash.I think what you are experiencing is not so much an OS or software issue, but more a direct hardware issue. The first thing I would check if I was you would be your RAM, being that it is a random lock up and not after a set amount of time, I am guessing part of your RAM is bad.
BSOD or Blue Screen Of Death is not the same as what was reported. Please read what I wrote about being out of memory. 2048 MEG of RAM is not enough to run a Linux server with LAMP, Zoneminder and 14 cameras especially of the camera resolution was 640x480 or higher. His tmpfs would be less than 1024 MB (1 GIG). That would allow 73 MEG mapp file for each camera. My bet is he is using high resolution and out of memory!