Export ZIP

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
RyGy7

Export ZIP

Post by RyGy7 »

I've been working through some issues with my new installation and please forgive my lack of linux foo.

zm 1.29.0 / ubuntu server 15.10

I originally had an issue with generating the video, but found the solution here
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/issues/1126

now i can export tar, but fails when I try .zip. I checked on ubuntu that zip package was installed

apt-get install zip unzip.

been searching all morning so if anyone has some direction they can point me in that would be great.
bbunge

Re: Export ZIP

Post by bbunge »

Any errors in your log?
RyGy7

Post by RyGy7 »

So i get

Export Failed /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php
&
Command 'cat 'temp/zmFileList.txt' | zip -q 'temp/zmExport.zip' -@' returned with status 12 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/includes/export_functions.php

in my research i've come across some posts that look at permissions issues but i am unsure where to go from there.
RyGy7

Post by RyGy7 »

So I've been researching this for a day and found handfuls of people with the same issue but no real good answers. I guess this one is very difficult indeed. :?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Sorry, have not had time to research. Did five upgrades from Vista to 10 today and am working on the 6th PC at home. Also replaced a monitor and a PC at a client 40 miles away. Will set up 15.10 on my VM and see what I can figure out.

bb
RyGy7

Post by RyGy7 »

Sorry, have not had time to research.
Absolutely no reason to apologize, I go weeks before I get back to working on my zoneminder. Just glad I'm not alone :lol:
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Well, my export of an event in zip format worked. And I was able to generate a video and download it. I used .avi format.

Keep in mind that export does a whole bunch of images, not video. Something like looking a a strip of film. ZM does this in tar or zip format. Videos are generated and downloaded as a single file.

You may want to review the install procedures to see if you missed something:

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way
RyGy7

Post by RyGy7 »

So I followed these steps

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... e_easy_way

even though i'm on 15.10. I'll try your link and report back, at the time I couldn't find what you have provided. I'll build again and let you know shortly if that indeed is the difference.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Well, there is a difference between the 14.04 and the 15.10 versions procedure. Good luck!
RyGy7

Post by RyGy7 »

Nope, went through step by step and still the same "returned with status 12" error. Very odd, you went through the same ubuntu server 15.10 easy and got different results. aaaahhhhhh :shock: :shock:

Love my zm, just want to be able to export the events.
RyGy7

Post by RyGy7 »

Tried out the permissions and looking at the export php file with no solutions yet.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour ... bug/740809

Edit: I tried to run a cmd directly for giggles and got...........

zip error: Nothing to Do!

ran............

cat zmFileList.txt | zip -q 'temp/zmEport.zip'

I believe for whatever reason now, the zmFileLIst.txt is empty and there is the issue.... just a guess.
RyGy7

Post by RyGy7 »

Interesting addition I hadn't noticed. Although I can generate a video successfully, just below that it reads "Existing Video Files
No Video Files Found".

So export .zip gets an error and export .tar gets an empty file then this is a false message that it was successful. I believe more and more that no video is being created.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Did you enable OPT_FFMPEG and configure PATH_FFMPEG? without those you will not get a video file.

For Ubuntu 15.10 PATH_FFMPEG is /usr/bin/ffmpeg
RyGy7

Post by RyGy7 »

Indeed I do Sir!
zm_ffmpeg.PNG
zm_ffmpeg.PNG (7.33 KiB) Viewed 8755 times
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I have encountered the same problem. I had video generation working and now after an install using the latest iconner repo Ubuntu package it is doing as described in the previous post and this warning is popping up.

Code: Select all

Warning: opendir(events/1/16/03/26/00/56/37): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/skins/classic/views/video.php on line 69
although I found that the video is being generated.