basic install working :-) now "tuning"

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
thermionic

basic install working :-) now "tuning"

Post by thermionic »

I put the camera in to "catch" cats and foxes in my garden at night.

After a couple of abortive attempts, I managed to get the basic install working on Ubuntu 14.04, and then some more fun to get it to work with a Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-I camera.

I'm starting to get my head around zones, for which https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Understandi ... or_Dummies was very helpful :-)

The motion detection is capturing cats quite well, but I would like to extend recording for a longer period, but just as in the images on the wiki page, the "Extend Alarm Frame Count" box is greyed out, is there an alternative method ?

I am also catching what I presume are small insects flying around, I see "wavy" line, usually for just one frame. Looking at the area that is covered in a single frame, they cover a similar "blob" size to a cat (closer in the air instead of on the ground), so I was wondering if there was a way of only triggering for multi contiguous frame events ?

As well as extended recording "forwards", is there any way of recording "backwards" ?

I know its not possible to record after the fact, but I was thinking if ZM was constantly recording to a rolling buffer, then on an alarm, the buffer could be used to include "pre-roll".

I would also like to be able to record 1 frame per minute at the same time as having the monitor run in modect, is this possible ?

Cheers
SteveGilvarry

Re: basic install working :-) now "tuning"

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Buffers on the monitor are what you are looking for.
http://zoneminder.readthedocs.org/en/st ... uffers-tab
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)
thermionic

Post by thermionic »

The Buffers tab seems to be exactly what I was after.

I increased the Image Buffer size to 200, the Pre Event Image count to 100, the Post event Image count to 125 and the alarm Frame count to 2

Thanks!
saqib_gilani79

Post by saqib_gilani79 »

Dear I am very new in zoneminder. I have to configure Hikvision DS-2CD2110F-I which my office bought recently.
can you please share your GENERAL & SOURCE setting.
I tried many ways but fails.. result when i configure on remote with RTP on saving Ip address become green and when open camera window showing breakjpg icon...

Advance thanks for you help.
Regards.
SteveGilvarry

Post by SteveGilvarry »

Saqib,
Broken jpeg image is common streaming only issue camera is likely working, check other threads for common fixes for socket_send errors, which I suspect if you click on Logs in the web console (Top Right hand side) you will see.
Production Zoneminder 1.37.x (Living dangerously)
Random Selection of Cameras (Dahua and Hikvision)