Zoneminder on a "stick"

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
xbuttcheeks420

Re: Zoneminder on a "stick"

Post by xbuttcheeks420 »

But what are the "enpos25" and "enpxxx" stuff? Where do I find my info?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

xbuttcheeks420 wrote:But what are the "enpos25" and "enpxxx" stuff? Where do I find my info?
That is the possible "Iface" (name) of the network interface. You learn what you system has by using the "ifconfig -s -a" command.
roger_holbrook

Post by roger_holbrook »

Lubuntu 16.04 with Zoneminder 1.29.0 pre-configured CD or USB 32 bit.downloaded on 2/7/2017.

Displaying event stills displays empty screen.It will display only if the slider is clicked.

The mootools installed are Core 1.4.5 and More 1.5.1. I tried to figure out why it fails and gave up as ONCHANGE does not seem to fireevent? I have 1.25.running on Ubuntu 12.04 so I replaced more on 1.29.0 with (1.4.0.1 nc.js from mootools 1.4.2~debian1-1 on Ubuntu 12.04 and it works.)

Many searches did not tell,me how to determine what levels of mootools more/core should be used with different versions of zoneminder.The installed mootools on Lubuntu 16.04 is 1.4.5-debian1-2.1

When following the symlinks:on this preconfigured system:
Mootools-core.js target mootools-core-1.4.5-compat.js target mootools-core-nc.js

Mootools-more.js target mootools-1.5.1.js (this I replaced with 1.4.0.1)

How does one determine the proper versions of core/more files for different versions of zoneminder?
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

roger_holbrook wrote:Lubuntu 16.04 with Zoneminder 1.29.0 pre-configured CD or USB 32 bit.downloaded on 2/7/2017.

Displaying event stills displays empty screen.It will display only if the slider is clicked.

I do not understand where you are trying to view stills from. Or what you mean by slider.

The mootools installed are Core 1.4.5 and More 1.5.1. I tried to figure out why it fails and gave up as ONCHANGE does not seem to fireevent? I have 1.25.running on Ubuntu 12.04 so I replaced more on 1.29.0 with (1.4.0.1 nc.js from mootools 1.4.2~debian1-1 on Ubuntu 12.04 and it works.)

What does mootools have to do with this?

Many searches did not tell,me how to determine what levels of mootools more/core should be used with different versions of zoneminder.The installed mootools on Lubuntu 16.04 is 1.4.5-debian1-2.1

When following the symlinks:on this preconfigured system:
Mootools-core.js target mootools-core-1.4.5-compat.js target mootools-core-nc.js

Mootools-more.js target mootools-1.5.1.js (this I replaced with 1.4.0.1)

How does one determine the proper versions of core/more files for different versions of zoneminder?
roger_holbrook

Post by roger_holbrook »

The same problem can be seen at viewtopic.php?t=24403

I did many more searches see how ubuntu packaged mootools. Two years ago core 1.5.1 was backed out to 1.4.5

Example libjs-mootools_1.4.5~debian1-2.1_all.deb (They use core 1.4.5,more 1.4.0.1). Used by ubuntu 16.04 download.
I have to assume they know what works for them.

I found no information that I could see how levels of core/more are determined,
and the compatibility versions only add to the confusion.

I did not see any information about zoneminder testing for mootools compatibility with new releases of mootools.
So it looks like the wild west out there to me!

The stills are displayed in view events by clicking stills.
Click a monitor then click an event then click Stills. The bar at the botton is a slider.
Example in address bar:
http://localhost/zm/index.php?view=even ... 1=5&page=1

I originally shot gunned to 1.4,0.1 as I knew it worked in zoneminder 1.25 that I play with on ubuntu 12.04.
It worked on the stick and that now matches the stick code to the debian example above.

So the answer to my question about what levels of core/more will work is not readily available as far as I can see!
It would be nice if there was documentation about 'core/more compatible levels".
The reason I tried to use the stick was due to boredom! I watch my furnace when I'm away in the winter with 12.04!

I partially learned OOP after retiring from the mainframe world in 1992, and I play a little here and there but never developed a love for OOP...
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Am not sure what you are complaining about. I just installed the Lubuntu 16.04 "on-a-stick" to a PC with an i3 processor, 4 GIG RAM, 250 GIG laptop hard drive, manually updated using "apt" and rebooted. Besides the remote monitor that is pre-configured I added a local USB camera and a ffmpeg Foscam. All work and show me recorded events without having to do anything extra.

I used the instructions at: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Lubuntu_16. ... _CD_or_USB

BB
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

You could try Tahr605zm1302.iso
which will run on USB sticks down to 1gig in size.
The system specs are:
Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.5 (Ubuntu binaries Trusty 14.04)
ZoneMinder 1.30.2
Apache 2.4.7 (Ubuntu)
MySQL 5.5.35-1ubuntu1 - (Ubuntu)
PHP extension: mysql, curl, mbstring
PHP version: 5.5.9-1ubuntu4
phpmyadmin 4.6.5.2
ISO size is 588 M. and is easy to install on a USB stick directly from copying the mounted ISO to the drive or one's favorite USB install program. Burn as a CD, boot it up and use the installer built in Puppy Linux.

Tahr605zm1302.iso
Download Link -> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0By2RU ... 181VlJDRzQ
roger_holbrook

Post by roger_holbrook »

I am not complaining about anything just trying to be helpful.
The two image show what it looks like if working.
The stills screen has no images with when booting from the stick or after installing from the stick.

I am satisfied with it after replacing mootool-more.

Roger
roger_holbrook

Post by roger_holbrook »

I added attachments but they must not be allowed. Sorry about that.
roger_holbrook

Post by roger_holbrook »

For an example of the stills screen go to the web page bellow and then click view image That is the screen I am talking about.
Click Stream and get the event screen with the Stills hot spot on the top.Click Stills and it will go back to the stills screen.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zonemin ... fHBb6ILjPM:

Thanks for answering but I am done with this as I apparently don't know how to communicate what I am seeing.
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

roger_holbrook wrote:For an example of the stills screen go to the web page bellow and then click view image That is the screen I am talking about.
Click Stream and get the event screen with the Stills hot spot on the top.Click Stills and it will go back to the stills screen.

https://www.google.com/search?q=zonemin ... fHBb6ILjPM:

Thanks for answering but I am done with this as I apparently don't know how to communicate what I am seeing.
Ah, I see what you mean. I'm not having this issue with a "standard" install of ZM 1.30.0. Will take the time to do a Lubuntu 16.04 with ZM 1.30.0 to see what happens.

bb
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I loaded up the "stick" version one more time and with ZM 1.29.0 the Stills would not display. My "fix" was to add the PPA and upgrade to ZM 1.30.0

In a terminal as superuser (sudo su)

service zoneminder stop

apt install software-properties-common

add-apt-repository ppa:iconnor/zoneminder

apt update

apt upgrade

service zoneminder start

Now the stills display.

bb
roger_holbrook

Post by roger_holbrook »

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words!

The upgrade to 1.30.0 changed Mootools-more back to 1.4.0.1 and it now works.

I looked at the code and found why 1.5.0.1 failed to show stills.

1.5.0.1 mootools-more made changes to code.used by jview.js as follows;

1077 this.previousChange = this.previousEnd = this.step = options.initialStep ? options.initialStep : options.range ? options.range[0] : 0;

1.4.0.1 mootools-more is coded as follows:
6979 this.previousChange = this.previousEnd = this.step = -1;

Event.js expects a -1 returned. So it could be worked around as follows:
At line 403 in event.js add initialStep: -1, to the code (if mootools-more is correct in 1.5.0.1) and (the rest of the code in event.js is correct) in the function resetEventStills.
{
slider = new Slider( $('thumbsSlider'), $('thumbsKnob'), { initialStep: -1,
/*steps: eventData.Frames,*/
onChange: function( step )
{

So another work around for stills not working with mootools-more 1.5.0.1 would be to change event.js
until those who know the correct way to fix this do it.

It was a good learning experience for me to look at the code and change it!
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

I have replaced the Zoneminder on a stick with an updated version.

Lubuntu 16.04-2 with Zoneminder 1.30.0

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Lubuntu_16. ... DVD_or_USB

I've added Network Manager to make networking easier for some. It still suffers from issues with DNS and graphical install. Please go over the readme file or the WIKI instructions.

Currently available as a torrent download but plan to share on Google Drive as well.