Execute command seems to make my filter go crazy

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
StNick

Execute command seems to make my filter go crazy

Post by StNick »

I am a new Zoneminder user so please forgive me if this is a silly question.

I've set up a background filter to email me when motion occurs with more than 20 alarm frames. This has been working great. I'm now trying to go one step further and have Zoneminder send me a Telegram message on motion. To that end, I'm writing a Python script that does the business, and I've added it to the "Execute command on all events".

HOWEVER, when I do this, Zoneminder seems to be hitting my script MULTIPLE times, for seemingly random events that do not match the filter at all. I can see in the logs that the script is being fired repeatedly, despite the fact that no alarm has occurred. The Email option seems to behave, as I do not receive any unexpected Emails, but it seems that the "Execute command" lives by a different set of rules altogether.

Any ideas? I've attached a screenshot of my filter (which again, has been working great for Emails so far - no duplication).
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (46.14 KiB) Viewed 4697 times
jannnfe

Re: Execute command seems to make my filter go crazy

Post by jannnfe »

I have the same problem. Do you had fixed it yet?
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

did you try something like the zm-alarm.pl example script to determine motion events and send an email? by-pass the the filters in this case.... I have used modified versions to perform different tasks such as a "0 Events over a determined time period warning email" function.
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinde ... m-alarm.pl
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26719
viewtopic.php?p=99818#p99818
jannnfe

Post by jannnfe »

rockedge

Post by rockedge »

nice. :D