updated Zoneminder 1.28 (which I built from source) to 1.29 (built from source), version in browser listed as 1.28 still

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
legoman666

updated Zoneminder 1.28 (which I built from source) to 1.29 (built from source), version in browser listed as 1.28 still

Post by legoman666 »

Any ideas? Its working fine and I know it updated, because the Google Captcha options are there.
bbunge

Re: updated Zoneminder 1.28 (which I built from source) to 1.29 (built from source), version in browser listed as 1.28 s

Post by bbunge »

Your best bet is to start over with a clean install and use one of the ready made packages. I can recommend Centos 7 or Ubuntu 14.04 as working very well!
legoman666

Re: updated Zoneminder 1.28 (which I built from source) to 1.29 (built from source), version in browser listed as 1.28 s

Post by legoman666 »

No prebuilt builds work on my system, besides, its working fine and it did in fact update, so I'm not going to throw out the hours and hours of work I spent to get it to work right in the first place!
legoman666

Post by legoman666 »

So besides completely reinstalling, is there some file I can manually edit to change the version number?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

The 1.28 comes from the database, so your database is still out of date.

sudo zmupdate.pl
legoman666

Post by legoman666 »

No dice:
"Database already at version 1.28.109, update aborted."
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Tellin' it like it is....

The reason you've got this problem, is you've screwed something up along the way. It happens to all of us. Since you have not provided us any details as to how you built and installed zoneminder, and we are not mind readers, there is little chance anyone is going to just guess what you've done.

Despite your claims that everything is working right, what little data you have given us speaks otherwise. The fact that your bowser is telling you the wrong version, is a symptom of a larger problem. That larger problem is you don't have a clean system. You've got stale files lying around from the previous version. How that happened to be, is anyone's guess, because again you haven't told us.

Rather than get into why you think you can't use one of the packages from zmrepo, if you want to build your own, you should be using the SRPM from zmrepo and rebuilding that to your liking. The instructions for downloading and rebuilding the SRPM are right on the front page of our github repo: https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder

Scroll down until you get to the Fedora/CentOS instructions.

Note that, you will still have to get your system back to clean state first. This will require manually searching your filesystem for old ZoneMinder related files. It is not possible for "make uninstall" to do this for you completely. This is one of just many reasons why building from source is discouraged. Rebuild the package instead to avoid problems like this.

So there it is. The advice you didn't want to hear.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/