Dist upgrade to 14.04 first wants to uninstall ZM

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
apbb2

Dist upgrade to 14.04 first wants to uninstall ZM

Post by apbb2 »

Hi all,

After tinkering around with my closest physical machine, I have a few more to upgrade. Love ZMNinja as I was an early EyeZM user that is long gone so now I must upgrade the rest of the pack!

All of my machines are on 12.04. When I went to do a dist-upgrade, the machine wanted to uninstall ZM. Should I let it then follow the upgrade instructions for 14.04 on the ZM wiki?

Gut tells me it should work, but there are no Wiki instructions or forum posts about the subject. I guess I am just looking for a little bit of reassurance (or proper instructions).

Thanks.
bbunge

Re: Dist upgrade to 14.04 first wants to uninstall ZM

Post by bbunge »

Ubuntu upgrade from 12.04 to 14.04 will install the ZM package that comes with 14.04 which is ZM 1.26.5. If you have a newer version of ZM installed you could end up with a mess. Your call but it may be best to do a fresh install of 14.04 vs. an upgrade. Worse case you will loose what you have in ZM now and will have to purge ZM then reinstall. Best case is you can do a ZM upgrade (instructions in the WIKI) after you get to 14.04.

Let us know how you make out!

bb
apbb2

Re: Dist upgrade to 14.04 first wants to uninstall ZM

Post by apbb2 »

How can we get 14.04 to install 1.29 as the base system?

I don't want to lose what took me a long time to setup & stabilize but ZMNinja is too enticing to leave the systems as is.

Thanks