Missing dependencies on CentOS 6 upgrade

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
DigitalDeviant

Missing dependencies on CentOS 6 upgrade

Post by DigitalDeviant »

I'm getting the following on an upgrade from 1.28.105 -> 1.29
Error: Package: ffmpeg-libs-2.6.4-1.el6.x86_64 (zmrepo)
Requires: libopencore-amrnb.so.0()(64bit)
Error: Package: ffmpeg-libs-2.6.4-1.el6.x86_64 (zmrepo)
Requires: libopencore-amrwb.so.0()(64bit)
You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
I tried uninstalling ZoneMinder and reinstalling, still the same and now I'm totally broken. Any help would be appreciated.
DigitalDeviant

Re: Missing dependencies on CentOS 6 upgrade

Post by DigitalDeviant »

And I figured it out. Looks like I needed to re-enable repoforge, not sure how/why I disabled it, and then ran yum install zoneminder --nogpgcheck.

Good work on the new version!
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Try uninstalling zoneminder, ffmpeg, and libvlc. ffmpeg & libvlc packages got upgraded for 64bit CentOS 6 only and sometimes the package names change just enough to trip up yum.

If you still have an issue, please post the entire output of yum, from the moment you hit enter, and not just part of it.

There were multiple zoneminder packages placed into the testing repo, newer than 1.28.105 so explaining why you weren't already using one of the 1.29.0 release candidates might shed some light on why your system is currently in the state that it is.

If all else fails, and you need to get up and running right away, use "yum downgrade" to fall back for now.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Just saw your comment about repoforge. Repoforge has ffmpeg packages which are incompatible with zmrepo so that might not work.

Please post the exact version of ffmpeg and vlc on your system. If they are not ffmpeg 2.6.4 and vlc 2.1.6 then you might run into problems.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
DigitalDeviant

Post by DigitalDeviant »

Both ffmpeg and vlc show as installed from zmrepo, only opencore-amr installed from repoforge. Everything seems to be running fine for now. I'm pretty sure now that I had repoforge disabled due to the issues you stated.

The upgrade to 1.28.105 was accidental. I don't know how I got into the testing repo but I got it working pretty easily and left it. Unfortuantly, the install is on a multi-use machine and I have yet to break anything significantly. Unfortunately, the install is on a multi-use machine and I have yet to break anything significantly enough to force me to move to dedicated hardware. If anything seems wonky, I'll definatly take the steps you described and if those fail, I'll be putting in an order somewhere.

Thank you for your effort and time.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Figured out the root case.
opencore-amr 0.1.2-2 is hosted on rpmfusion, and I simply forgot to add that package to my synchronization script. I have done that, and am synchronizing to the zmrepo mirrors now. If the version of opencore-amr in rpmfusion is newer than the one on repoforge, then you should see this in a yum update in ~6 hours from now after your yum cache expires. If the opencore-amr package on repofroge is the same version or newer, then you won't see anything new in a yum update.

The good news is that you now have significantly newer versions of ffmpeg and vlc on your system. That should significantly increase compatibility with modern ip cameras. The bad news is that this is as new as these packages will ever get on CentOS 6. Going any newer requires replacing core CentOS 6 packages, which at that point you might as well upgrade to CentOS 7 if you need a newer version of ffmpeg or vlc.
DigitalDeviant

Post by DigitalDeviant »

I had 0.1.2-1 installed. I ran 'yum clean all' after disabling repoforge and updated.

I imagine that maintaining all this is a huge mess. If I start having any issues requiring major work I plan on starting from clean OS installs in VMs on whatever seems best for the application.