Disable deep storage?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
ET328

Disable deep storage?

Post by ET328 »

My 1.28 installation has deep storage disabled. How do I upgrade to 1.29 and keep the old setting and events?
bbunge

Re: Disable deep storage?

Post by bbunge »

When you upgrade to 1.29 your settings should not change. However, 1.29 is still in testing and I would not upgrade your current system unless you are prepared for some things that may not work. You may be best to wait a bit for the official release.

With that said it is always a good idea to back up your database before a change.

bb
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

You have to use deep storage

-stop zoneminder
-backup your dB and events
-enable deep storage under options
-turn on deep storage under options
-run zmupdate.pl --migrate-events as root
-upgrade zoneminder to new version only if previous steps succeed
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
ET328

Post by ET328 »

Only problem (for me) is, that using deep storage causes a directory monitor program (Autohotkey script) to fail to notice changes. I'm using it to popup a desktop notice when an alarm occurs i.e. a new directory is created. Haven't figured out another way to do it. There probably is...
asker

Post by asker »

ET328 wrote:Only problem (for me) is, that using deep storage causes a directory monitor program (Autohotkey script) to fail to notice changes. I'm using it to popup a desktop notice when an alarm occurs i.e. a new directory is created. Haven't figured out another way to do it. There probably is...
Yep there is another way. Google for zmeventserver.
Another user has used it exactly for what you are doing and posted it in the user contributions section.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs