MySQL error appeared.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
rockedge

MySQL error appeared.

Post by rockedge »

First of all I will report that 1.29 is working very well on Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.5 which installed using the Puppy Package Manager after adding the PPA from iconner.

After several initial installs and testing that everything worked. Now after more recent install of 1.29, this mysql error pops up:

Code: Select all

SQL-ERR 'SQLSTATE[42S22]: Column not found: 1054 Unknown column 'Hostname' in 'field list'', statement was 'INSERT INTO Servers set Name = dummy.server', Hostname = 'dummy.server.net'
I added the missing column "Hostname" and the Adding New Server in options worked again. I just went through all the steps again to install ZM which includes using the guide to install on Ubuntu and the error occurred. And adding the missing column in the server table fixed it.
bbunge

Re: MySQL error appeared.

Post by bbunge »

Which guide did you use? There are some on the web that are not current. I suggest you check the Zoneminder WIKI for Ubuntu. There are updated preliminary instructions there.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I used ZM Install on Ubuntu
But this OS being Puppy Linux Tahr 6.0.5 is using Ubuntu binaries, so the install steps are a general guide because there are some slight differences between this Puppy Linux and Ubuntu. It looks like the "Hostname" column is not created in the ZM database when zm_create.sql is initially imported for some reason.

It is the only error I have encountered so so far with 1.29 on this OS
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Thanks for reporting this. It has been fixed.
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinde ... ce1e04f99f
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

Excellent. Your welcome.