my new (first time user) setup help suggestions needed....

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.29.x releases only.
chevelle67

Re: my new (first time user) setup help suggestions needed....

Post by chevelle67 »

Actually, I think doing the previous changes you mentioned worked since after I re-booted the server; Today it stay running with no issues and did a bunch of event recording so so far so good. But this was a test with only one camera so I do think I will build a new PC system that will handle 4 cameras now.

I did look into changing my camera's FPS BUT the system's firmware is requiring me to down load an active x file called x[dot]cab and to be honest I am a little hesitant to do this. I read the camera does 30 FPS normally and I may let the system go as is if it continues to run OK at least for now.
Attachments
unknown.PNG
unknown.PNG (24.3 KiB) Viewed 1264 times
chevelle67

Re: my new (first time user) setup help suggestions needed....

Post by chevelle67 »

Update:

Due to all the false detection's I was getting no matter what settings, I decided to return my IP CMOS IR camera and go with an analog setup and a CCD camera and no IR's and now after my first trial run (last 24 hours) all my false alarms are 100% gone. All my motion detection now is accurate. But I will note I did loose a little quality on the image so maybe I need a better CARD. I am using the basic video capture card at 30FPS and one camera at this time. I read an article that said CMOS camera can have noise in the signal more so than a CCD type camera, and so far this seems to be the case that I experienced also after trying both types. Feel free to comment, and I am also looking for advice on improving my setup but my continued goal is still MODECT only, I may have succeeded but I find limited choices when it comes to CCD camera's for outdoor use and this is my biggest issue so far.

Can anyone suggest some CCD cameras out there for under $80??