Kiosk password lost iphone

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
gfro84

Kiosk password lost iphone

Post by gfro84 »

Hello,

My girlfriend has set a kiosk password within zmninja (latest from appstore as of 26.7.21) and forgotten it.

We have deleted the app, reinstalled, deleted and rebooted the phone, but the configuration seems pretty persistent.

Is there a way to clear the config for the app on the iPhone and allow a clean installation?

As it's in kiosk mode, can't append logs as the only option is montage and exit.

Sorry to see you are leaving zmninja, I love it and thank you for developing it.
tsp84

Re: Kiosk password lost iphone

Post by tsp84 »

Thats.... interesting. I dont have an iOS device so I cant say for sure but have you taken a look in a file explorer and searched for a zmninja folder in the app section? (IDK if you can do this on iOS) there might be some left over file with the hash to the kiosk password. That's only thing I can think of unless somehow its stored in your keychain and you can delete it from there? (again idk how this all works on iOS).
asker

Post by asker »

1. Go to iOS cloud settings, make sure zmNinja is disabled in the apps
2. Delete the app
3. Re-install

This will make the next run start from scratch
gfro84 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:02 pm Hello,

My girlfriend has set a kiosk password within zmninja (latest from appstore as of 26.7.21) and forgotten it.

We have deleted the app, reinstalled, deleted and rebooted the phone, but the configuration seems pretty persistent.

I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
gfro84

Post by gfro84 »

Thanks for the assistance, it set us on the right track but some additional steps were required, reported here should it be of use to anyone else in future.

In addition to deleting the icloud settings, it is also necessary to delete any settings that may be retained as part of back-ups.

It is explained in more detail on the following page https://salon.helpsite.com/articles/433 ... ways-there

To resolve the issue, we did all the icloud data retention deletions when the app was installed on the phone (making sure to repeat for each of thetwo devices, ipad and iphone) associated with the same account. Delete the app, then reinstalled and away it went.

Thanks