Zmninja issue with new install of zoneminder

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
Meeko

Zmninja issue with new install of zoneminder

Post by Meeko »

Details :
Old system zoneminder 1.34.22
New system zoneminder 1.36.1
Zmninja 1.6.008 android & is (tried both)

The issue.
I have a working cameras pc with centos 7 and zoneminder 1.34.22 but I was building a better box so rather than migrate I was going to do a fresh start. Centos 7.9.2009 clean minimal install and zoneminder 1.36.1

Cameras added and all good until I use zmninja again. Reconfigured or reinstalled it works fine for a while (couple of hours it seems) displays montage correctly but then only shows the camera names on the black footers. No camera displays!

I still have the other box (on a separate IP address) so Reconfigure zmninja and voila! All back as it should be. Reconfigure with the new ip address and all good for a while but then.loses.cameras again!

Where do I start looking? It's like when the cgi-bin address is wrong (current working setting is domain.com:4444/cgi-bin-zm, but app defaults to non-working /zm/cgi-bin)

Does that make any sense?

By the way the Web console keeps working fine so I believe it's a zmninja issue.
asker

Re: Zmninja issue with new install of zoneminder

Post by asker »

Meeko wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 8:11 am
Where do I start looking?
The logs files when this issue occurs. Both in zmNinja and ZM logs.
https://zmninja.readthedocs.io/en/lates ... ort-errors
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs