I am lost in the configuration of zmeventnotification

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
Magic919

Re: I am lost in the configuration of zmeventnotification

Post by Magic919 »

9000 is just for the ZMES (Event Server) alerts and it's not mandatory.
-
asker

Post by asker »

There is a gotcha here.
There are times your device token will change. One example is if you delete and reinstall your app. The other is if the app unregisters a token - I’ll have to go see if I unregister for any case. Apple or Google may unregister a token and regenerate - this has happened to me after I messed up on some notification code - maybe they have some guard checks. Finally - they actually have an expiry time (a year plus I think). In all these situations your ZmNinja device needs to send the new token value to the ES over the web socket port (9000 by default). If it is unable to, you’ll stop receiving notifications. If you don’t expose 9000 over wan then make sure your client is at least able to communicate via LAN to 9000 once in a while.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
titof2375

Post by titof2375 »

I think it came from my nus not powerful enough because I redid the same installation and no more problem