zmNinja having hard time with Run states changing

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
tsp84

zmNinja having hard time with Run states changing

Post by tsp84 »

I have multiple monitors per camera for night/day and winter/summer. When the run state changes via sunwait cronjob zmNinja seems to have a hard time with that. I have to go into montage and set which monitors to view instead of leaving them all on. It seems zmninja doesnt show a monitor if its stream isnt active so I just have them all on viewable but zmninja isnt behaving as expected and seems to disable viewing monitors. I have to end up selecting which moniotors to view and then having to go into settings and hit save so zmninja reloads and then it seems to straighten out. Is there anything I am missing here thats obvious?

This also affects event list and event review.
asker

Re: zmNinja having hard time with Run states changing

Post by asker »

zmNinja caches information from monitor list for 24 hours. Try this:

1. zmNinja->Developer Settings: Disable "use API caching"
2.zmNinja->clear API cache
3. kill zmNinja
4. Load zmNinja, go to montage, enable all monitors
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
tsp84

Post by tsp84 »

Thanks for the reply! I have applied those changes and will report back.
tsp84

Post by tsp84 »

It still seems to have the same behavior, here is a YouTube link for a screen recording of the issue. https://youtu.be/jCNdOmIMObY
asker

Post by asker »

Hmm, I'll have to look into this. May not be a quick fix - there is a lot of ugliness in how I handle hidden monitors (this was coded during the days I was learning how to program a mobile app in Angularjs, and I haven't changed it).
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
tsp84

Post by tsp84 »

It's a minor inconvenience which I can deal with. Appreciate the app and all the work to make zoneminder amazing.
tsp84

Post by tsp84 »

On a related note, is there anyway for zmNinja to know when a run state has changed? I have to relogin to the server via 'Settings' before it realizes that a run state change has occured therefore updating the montage list accordingly. Im not a programmer at all but could it be added to the zmeventnotification logic on the server? When it checks for new events can it also check to see if run states have changed and update the app accordingly? idk if it would be a polling situation or could write something to listen for sent events?
tsp84

Post by tsp84 »

Here is a screenshot of what I mean. You can see that the mode is set wrong. The streams that have output are set as none and the old streams are set as modect.
Screenshot_20210128-130915_zmNinja.jpg
Screenshot_20210128-130915_zmNinja.jpg (404.47 KiB) Viewed 3650 times