zmeventnotification - Different confidence for different cameras or times?

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
BaconButty

zmeventnotification - Different confidence for different cameras or times?

Post by BaconButty »

I'll explain the actual issue in case theirs a better solution I'm not thinking of.

I have my yolo_min_confidence set to 0.5 (50%). This is a good balance for me for detecting people across my setup.

Camera 1 is a close range camera and typically gets 90%+ confidence when it sees a person, so this could be increased. However camera 2 is a long range camera and typically the confidence of detecting a person needs to be around 50% to ensure it picks up the majority of people.

The issue I'm having is that I have an email notification setup to notify me if Camera 1 detects a person during the middle of the night. It occasionally decides (increasingly with the dark winter mornings) that it is seeing people where there is none. Last night I got over 40 emails as it decided a plastic pelican was a person with 70% confidence.

The way I see it I need to get one of two things working:

1: Individual confidence levels per camera, so I can set camera 1 to 90% and leave camera 2 to 50%
2: Only email if the confidence level > 90%

I don't think 2 is possible with ZoneMinder and I would prefer 1 anyway, as it will remove false positives from being saved in my logs.

Any suggestions if this is possible to do with zmeventnotification? Its been so long since I've used it, but I'm fairly certain I can only use the one objectcongi.ini per setup and so only one yolo_min_confidence.

Thanks..
asker

Re: zmeventnotification - Different confidence for different cameras or times?

Post by asker »

You can specify difference confidences per monitor. Any attribute in objectconfig can be overridden on a per monitor basis. All you need to do is add it to that monitor section.

Unrelated to your question - but you should also be on ES 6 - the attribute is now called object_min_confidence.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
BaconButty

Post by BaconButty »

Oh really!? I thought it was global, excellent, thanks!
Unrelated to your question - but you should also be on ES 6
Thanks for pointing this out, but looking at the change log, I don't think there's a reason to update to be honest. Everything's working fine for me. I only use this to tag if there was an item of interest in the image for zoneminder.
asker

Post by asker »

BaconButty wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:52 pm Oh really!? I thought it was global, excellent, thanks!
Unrelated to your question - but you should also be on ES 6
Thanks for pointing this out, but looking at the change log, I don't think there's a reason to update to be honest. Everything's working fine for me. I only use this to tag if there was an item of interest in the image for zoneminder.
If you are using zmNinja and push notifications, then notifications will stop working when zmNinja updates. If you aren't you can continue.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs