zmninja periodic authentication

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
chebo

zmninja periodic authentication

Post by chebo »

Hello. I'm using zmninja 1.3.082 on debian10, 16 cameras. The montage window authenticates every 25 seconds. I think this is not a glitch, and it should be so, but it also creates a delay in viewing. I could not find a suitable option in the menu to configure this behavior. In older versions of Zmninja this was not, so I suspect that this is a feature of new versions of the application.
asker

Re: zmninja periodic authentication

Post by asker »

In new versions, in the montage screen, zmninja checks for new events every 30 seconds. This is to show the red bell buttons on montage windows. You are probably seeing authentication messages in ZM due to this API. If you want to turn it off, disable "Enable montage overlay buttons" in developer settings.

See https://medium.com/zmninja/hyper-chargi ... 31b2fe26ec
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
chebo

Re: zmninja periodic authentication

Post by chebo »

I did not have red bells, but disabling this option solved my problem. Thank you