zmeventserver question

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
harrijs

zmeventserver question

Post by harrijs »

I am running zm 1.32.3 on CentOS7 with the most recent eventserver. The eventserver notifications are working correctly when there is an alarm and Iam able to bring up the event on my Android device. So far everything is working except thumbnails in the event notification which I believe is a known issue with 1.32.3.

I have successfully installed the machine learning components on the system. I believe I have everything configured correctly. The problem appears to be that there are never any images placed in /var/lib/zmeventserver/images when an alarm occurs. I have checked the storage configuration for my monitors to save JPEGS at Frames only.

The one quirk that I do have is that my cameras are saving their h264 output to a NFS share mounted at /mnt/recordings. Do I need to create a symlink from my /mnt/recordings to /var/lib/zmeventserver/images folder?

I thought that by setting up the logging configuration per the hooks -> logging documentation that the eventserver would pick up the alarm and then copy the images to /var/lib/zmeventserver/images as needed but this doesn't appear to be happening.

Any assistance would be appreciated.
asker

Re: zmeventserver question

Post by asker »

harrijs wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:54 am The problem appears to be that there are never any images placed in /var/lib/zmeventserver/images when an alarm occurs.
Have you checked debug logs of the event server? Look for a message that says "Could not write image to ZoneMinder as eventpath not present"

As far as I remember, 1.32.3 doesn't support the event path API.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs