If is isn't broke Event Notification

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
cafftab

If is isn't broke Event Notification

Post by cafftab »

Not following the rule if it isn't broke don't fix it. I had my system running fine and sending push notification to zmninja. I decided to add a certificate that I own instead of the self signed type that the event notification HowTo stepped me through. Although I have HTTPS working with a valid certificate for my domain name and zmninja can utilize under https however I have lost push notifications and the ability tor clear the notification counts from the app icon for both my iphone and ipad. I removed and reinstalled the apps and even before setting server settings up they still display the the number of notifications on the icon. They don't disappear after opening the app as normal. I cleared the tokens.txt on the server and it hasn't repopulate either. Even weirder the iphone zmninja app no longer has a place to turn on or off the notifications like it had before, I know for sure before I reinstalled the zmninja app that I could access notifications now zmninja is not even listed on my iphone. So now I am wondering if it is the app is or my event server is not right yet. Has anyone experienced anything like this ie notification not clearing from the app?
cafftab

Re: If is isn't broke Event Notification

Post by cafftab »

I guess port 9000 has to be open with https: opened it all is good
SkippyDo

Re: If is isn't broke Event Notification

Post by SkippyDo »

Verify that your directory where tokens.txt is to be created allows write permission for your web server. I recently had the file blitzed (no idea why) and it wasn't getting recreated. For me, I set the permissions to that of the web server group and no longer any issues.