ZM Ninja And Zoneminder Features

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
cafftab

ZM Ninja And Zoneminder Features

Post by cafftab »

Hope this isn't a repeat type of question, I have been running zoneminder on ubuntu (now 18.04) for years and recently upgraded to 1.32.3 and have event notifications working with zmNinja version 1.3.56. Events are being pushed to my iphone with detected objects like dogs cats car people etc. The only thing that I can't seem to get working is receiving the bbox image all I see is three greed dots in zmNinja. I can see images with detected objects outlined in my image directory. I have read through the help info and looked at the notes in the scripts and spent quite a bit of time. Am I understanding correctly that this won't work with self signed certificates, or is it not supported until zm 1.33. Or both?
asker

Re: ZM Ninja And Zoneminder Features

Post by asker »

The only thing that I can't seem to get working is receiving the bbox image all I see is three greed dots in zmNinja. I can see images with detected objects outlined in my image directory.
What do you mean by "receiving the bbox image" ? There are two places where zmNinja receives the bbox image:

1. When the push notification is sent, this image can be embedded inside the notification - which you can see without having to actually open the app. This needs HTTPs

2. You open zmNinja and it shows the "bbox" image as the first image of an event. This needs support of a specific PR in ZM (fid=objdetect) what only exists in ZM 1.33.x
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
cafftab

Re: ZM Ninja And Zoneminder Features

Post by cafftab »

Thank you, that clarifies it perfectly, I can wait for 1.33 and be happy with the first image.