AI hooks working for anyone running 1.30.4 and Debian 9?

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
SkippyDo

AI hooks working for anyone running 1.30.4 and Debian 9?

Post by SkippyDo »

I'd love to hear from anyone who has successfully gotten zmeventserver and the yolo3 hook(s) working with ZM 1.30.4 and Debian Stretch.

I had push notifications and AI detection stuff working really well on ZM 1.34.3 and Debian Sid, but the combination of ZM 1.34.3 and Debian Sid was just too unstable so I have reverted back to Debian Stretch and ZM 1.30.4. I currently have zmeventserver operating as it should. After hassling with python, getting versions all mixed up, I believe that I'm now down to an issue with openCV, requiring version 3, which is not available for Debian Sid. I'm worried that trying to cobble it might end up in another trashed system (I'm a bit tired of rebuilding things).

Pretty much stuck here:
sudo -u www-data /usr/bin/detect_wrapper.sh 3 retuns:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/detect_yolo.py", line 18, in <module>
import cv2
ImportError: No module named 'cv2'

Internet turns up a bunch of sketchy "solutions," most that worry me that going down those paths will result in a trashed system: many folk do complete fresh OS installs and a couple of wand wavings....
asker

Re: AI hooks working for anyone running 1.30.4 and Debian 9?

Post by asker »

I can't really help on Debian - haven't a clue. But a few notes:

a) Unless you are able to get open CV 3+ installed, yolo detection won't work
b) I'd strongly recommend not using 1.30.4 - its very old, and I have no idea what will/will not be supported. The hook part of the code depends on ZM supporting specific image retrieval modes which may not be available with 1.30.4 (I don't know for sure).
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Have not had much success getting Zmninja to work with Pi 3B+ on Debian.
However, have loaded Bionic and ZM 1.32.3 on Pi 3B+ and have Zmninja working. See: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28050&sid=590cf382 ... 12c3756a9e
SkippyDo

Post by SkippyDo »

Appreciate the replies. As there are no newer production releases of ZM than 1.30.4 and because newer non-production versions of ZM (I can only speak to 1.32.3) are not stable under Debian (due to requiring running development branch of Debian- Sid) I have little choice than to continue to run ZM 1.30.4, doing so, of course, without the AI detection hooks.

Until stable newer versions of ZM and Debian are available I may look to just utilize the push notification feature (w/o analysis).

Again, the AI stuff (I had used yolo) worked great on ZM 1.32.3 and Debian Sid, but my problem was with the later two and not the AI/yolo stuff.