zmeventserver forced web event message is stuck

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
Jay

zmeventserver forced web event message is stuck

Post by Jay »

So, I manually started recording the other day on my zoneminder web interface. I received the zmevent notification like I should have with “Forced Web” in the notification. The issue that I am having now is that EVERY event now states “Forced Web”, even if it was a motion event that triggered it.

I’m assuming I need to look in the zmeventserver file for the section that labels the notification and see what is failing. Otherwise, does anyone have any suggestions?

No, I didn’t put my logs in here. I honestly haven’t had time to fool with this yet. I am just wondering if someone has ran across this before.

Thanks!
Jay

Re: zmeventserver forced web event message is stuck

Post by Jay »

So, long and short, after going through the code, looking at what was stored on Google's side, the local MySql server, I came to the conclusion after restarting the server that restarting ZoneMinder fixes the issue. HAH I haven't had time to look into what is actually causing the issue, but ZoneMinder is storing the event correctly. It has something to do with the translation between Google and the event server. Something must be getting cached and not updating.
asker

Post by asker »

Which part of the code did you go through? What was your analysis?

1. This part of the code reads the value of a "shared memory" field called alarm_cause.

2. This part of the code assigns a value that zmeventserver uses depending on whether trigger cause or alarm cause is set.

What might be happening is,
1. Even if ZM is working fine, the "alarm_cause" is not reset. If so, its a problem in ZM's code of that part
2. The 2nd line where I try to align them is wrong.

Run zmeventserver in manual mode and print the values of both on console.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Jay

Post by Jay »

Honestly, I really didn't look hard enough to analyze the code. Don't get me wrong, I am by no means saying anything about the code. When I was looking through it, it was around 0100 in the morning so, I was tired. I didn't get a chance to compare the code that ZoneMinder uses to put labels on the events on the web interface to the code that the zmeventserver uses to send the notifications. I honestly fell asleep at the desk while looking. I was going to see if that code that is used on the web interface is asking for the same information that is being sent with the notification. I ended up having to reset ZoneMinder to make the new location for ffmpeg to take affect and noticed that it was working again. I will see if I can duplicate the issue as soon as possible. I am sure that you, as well as many others, are in the same boat as I am and have little time to program outside of your career. Thanks for replying.
asker

Post by asker »

Oh, I think I misrepresented my tone. I meant to encourage you to post your findings.
The two lines I pointed to may be the problem areas which may need fixing.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Jay

Post by Jay »

That is the bad thing about forums... I took you wrong. Sorry! I know a LOT of programmers that get upset when you talk about their code. LOL