Push notifications stopped working after reinstallin ios app

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
Jay

Push notifications stopped working after reinstallin ios app

Post by Jay »

Hello,

I started receiving odd behaviors on one of my phones. It was not clearing the notification count on the app badge (which is my pet peeve). I deleted and reinstalled the zmNinja app, which is typically the only way to remove that type of issue, from my previous experiences. When I reinstalled the app, I now get no notifications on this phone. I know the server is fine and the settings on my iOS app are fine because I have the same settings on another phone that works fine. I feel like there is a deregistration/registration issue on the push server?

Thanks,

Jay
asker

Re: Push notifications stopped working after reinstallin ios app

Post by asker »

In general, stop event server, empty tokens.txt, run event server again, run zmNinja, ensure tokens are saved.

Beyond that -
Hard to say as you haven't posted any logs. Please post logs from the Event Server and zmNinja during registration and during event reporting.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Jay

Post by Jay »

I did all that previously. Odd thing is that it started working this morning. I think I just had to post that it wasn’t working and it would work again! LOL Thanks!
simicartan

Post by simicartan »

Push Notifications permissions alert on iOS normally comes whenever we are registering our app for remote notification.

So once the behavior of permissions alert is changed by respective iOS version, we cant handle it by our own.

I hope this might help you.