New mobile app Surveillance Pro for IPhone

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
f1d094

Re: New mobile app Surveillance Pro for IPhone

Post by f1d094 »

I was just logging in to post about a different issue...but I can assert that mine works wonderfully with SSL. We have an internal CA setup and have the certs pushed out to all our mobile devices and they each authenticate against the zoneminder using the Surveillance app flawlessly. I don't know what happens if your cert is self-signed and not already accepted into the cert store however.
nrbell

Post by nrbell »

SSL isn't really the problem. I can get to the setting where you enter manufacturer, username and password, and then I can't go any further. It correctly detects Zoneminder.
f1d094

Post by f1d094 »

nrbell wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:29 pm SSL isn't really the problem. I can get to the setting where you enter manufacturer, username and password, and then I can't go any further. It correctly detects Zoneminder.
See my other post. It looks like it hasn't been updated for v1.32.x and you'll need to downgrade to 1.30.x or just use zmNinja until the author updates the app.

I like the app well enough I may downgrade...my "Old" installation did everything I needed. I only updated the software because the server it was running on was dying and the hardware needed updating. Thought I'd update to Ubuntu Bionic while I was at it. If it doesn't get fixed by Christmas I'll spend a day over the holiday reverting to Ubuntu Xenial and installing 1.30.x to get this app function back.
emlyn

Post by emlyn »

nrbell wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:29 pm SSL isn't really the problem. I can get to the setting where you enter manufacturer, username and password, and then I can't go any further. It correctly detects Zoneminder.
I'm having a similar issue; just installed surveillance pro and can enter the details of the 1.34.8 server but after authenticating, there is no way to select the camera.

if the author is around, I'd be glad to have a look and dig in - I'm an iOS dev by profession and I'd love to see this work properly!
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

ZM 1.30.4 runs well in Bionic. Maybe try and email the dev's at Mediabridge Technology GmbH.

I've never tried out the app yet, looks interesting but sounds like it needs some love
Microchip

Post by Microchip »

emlyn wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:23 am I'm having a similar issue; just installed surveillance pro and can enter the details of the 1.34.8 server but after authenticating, there is no way to select the camera.
Idem for me