zmNinja - Password in log as plain text

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
Fressikus

zmNinja - Password in log as plain text

Post by Fressikus »

I've just tried the Android mobile app zmNinja (V 1.1.96), which works great, is awesome and I love you.

However, when opening the log view, there seems to be a string with your complete account credentials and ZM URL in plain text, including your password. Could this not get blanked out or something?
asker

Re: zmNinja - Password in log as plain text

Post by asker »

Fressikus wrote:I've just tried the Android mobile app zmNinja (V 1.1.96), which works great, is awesome and I love you.

However, when opening the log view, there seems to be a string with your complete account credentials and ZM URL in plain text, including your password. Could this not get blanked out or something?
Thanks for the love :-)

Passwords - what I currently do is if you email or export the logs, the passwords are deleted.

I don't delete it from the stored logs as its also in plain text in the stored user profile DB in the phone. I should really do both - can you please create a issue @ https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinja/issues
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs