Events without thumbnails

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
derlange

Events without thumbnails

Post by derlange »

Im using the App zmninja on iOS. It is a Great App, everything works, except One thing.

When i go to Events, the select One and Tab on Alarms, i can scroll Thrue the Alarms, but without a thumbnail picture.
There is only an empty border. When i Tab on that empty border, i get the picture as a popup. But shouldnt be there an thumbnail First? I think, my PHP Installation is missing a Feature. In the apache Logs there is no error.

Anyone can help?
asker

Re: Events without thumbnails

Post by asker »

Hmm, yes that is odd.
questions:

a) Which version of the app?
b) When you try and view the thumbnails on the app, at that time, please see your apache error logs in ZM -- let me know if you see any messages - note that this needs to happen at the same time that you are trying to access the thumbnails
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
derlange

Post by derlange »

Thank you for your answer. I double checked the log before, but dit it again. And then i found the error:

Call to undefined function imagecreatefromjpeg()

GD Support was compiled in. But no jpeg support in GD. So i compiled php again with --with-jpeg-dir=/usr and now it is working fine.
Thank you. And again, great App.
asker

Post by asker »

Great - good to know
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Onlyzen

Post by Onlyzen »

derlange wrote: Mon May 30, 2016 6:26 pm Im using the App zmninja on iOS. It is a Great App, everything works, except One thing.

When i go to Events, the select One and Tab on Alarms, i can scroll Thrue the Alarms, but without a thumbnail picture.
There is only an empty border. When i Tab on that empty border, i get the picture as a popup. But shouldnt be there an thumbnail First? I think, my PHP Installation is missing a Feature. In the apache Logs there is no error.

Anyone can help?
Hi Derlange,
are you using the latest version 1.2.411?
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Derlange located zir problem; thanks for posting the full solution for the benefit of people searching the forum archives later.