zmNinja "Login validated but API failed"

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
AbbaTheHorse

zmNinja "Login validated but API failed"

Post by AbbaTheHorse »

Hi there

I'm brand new to Linux and therefore ZoneMinder, but got it installed under a brand new Debian install today.

All works well, but I'm having trouble getting zmNinja setup. I add the URL to ZM in the settings screen and it appends the default parts for cgi-bin and api, but it fails when I save with:

"Login validated but API failed"

I know my base ZM url is correct as it works in a browser when I copy and paste it.

Am I missing something really obvious?
asker

Re: zmNinja "Login validated but API failed"

Post by asker »

Before you try zmNinja, make sure your zoneminder APIs are working
https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinj ... -apis-work
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
AbbaTheHorse

Post by AbbaTheHorse »

Thanks for the reply, it would seem that my APIs aren't working, as when I try to access the path I get:

Code: Select all

Warning: mkdir(): Permission denied in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php on line 379

Warning: _cake_core_ cache was unable to write 'cake_dev_en-us' to File cache in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Cache.php on line 323

Warning: /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/tmp/cache/persistent/ is not writable in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Engine/FileEngine.php on line 384

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'CacheException' with message 'Cache engine _cake_core_ is not properly configured.' in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Cache.php:181 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Cache.php(151): Cache::_buildEngine('_cake_core_') #1 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/Config/core.php(376): Cache::config('_cake_core_', Array) #2 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Core/Configure.php(72): include('/usr/share/zone...') #3 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/bootstrap.php(175): Configure::bootstrap(true) #4 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/app/webroot/index.php(94): include('/usr/share/zone...') #5 /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/index.php(41): require('/usr/share/zone...') #6 {main} thrown in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/lib/Cake/Cache/Cache.php on line 181
I didn't deviate from the easy install guide but I've obviously missed something. Is it easy to see what I may have done wrong/missed?

Thanks so much again.
asker

Post by asker »

Try

Code: Select all

chown -R www-data:www-data /usr/share/zoneminder/www/api/
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
trapper1974

Post by trapper1974 »

I had exactly the same issue as AbbaTheHorse and have resolved it using asker's permissions change instruction.

This also resolved the issue I had with zmNinja - the iOS app was displaying a greyscreen with the message "authenticating". I knew it was api related but I too am new to linux and hadn't worked out the fix myself yet.

Heartfelt thanks to you both!