zmNinja 1.1.7 kudos + few issues

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
ZMBrian

zmNinja 1.1.7 kudos + few issues

Post by ZMBrian »

My first post to the forum.

I'm very impressed with the development of zmNinja. I started with 1.1.0 and the changes to date have been fantastic. I now find that I'm using it more than ZoneMinder itself to review events. I have a friend who is using Sighthound in conjunction with Live Cams Pro for his mobile device and he is impressed by zmNinja's features.

A few issues with the latest version (1.1.7, iOS and Windows Desktop versions):
1) The playback speed adjuster in Event Montage has the problem of opening the options menu when you drag the adjuster to the right of the screen.
2) I'm using two monitors and still can't figure out what the 3 dots in Event Montage, top right of the screen, do. When I press them, one of the monitors disappears and doesn't come back when I press the dots again. Not sure what's the intended function?
3) Using zmNinja creates a number of errors in the ZoneMinder log (eg, socket_sendto(/var/run/zm/zms-501098s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php). There are no problems (that I can tell) other than the error in the log, so I've just been ignoring it. The errors stop once zmNinja is shut down.

One feature request:
Of my two monitors, one is using Mocord (continuous recording) and the other is using Modect (motion detection). The Event Montage is essentially useless for the monitor in Mocord because each "event" is a 10 minute long video segment. Perhaps the following features could be added to make Event Montage more useful for monitors in Record or Mocord:
1) Give an option to ONLY play back alarm frames
2) Give an option to hide monitors that are using Record or Mocord

Keep up the great work!
Brian
asker

Re: zmNinja 1.1.7 kudos + few issues

Post by asker »

Hi Brian, my apologies for the late response (got your email too) - been very caught up of late
I'm very impressed with the development of zmNinja. I started with 1.1.0 and the changes to date have been fantastic. I now find that I'm using it more than ZoneMinder itself to review events. I have a friend who is using Sighthound in conjunction with Live Cams Pro for his mobile device and he is impressed by zmNinja's features.
Thank you :)
1) The playback speed adjuster in Event Montage has the problem of opening the options menu when you drag the adjuster to the right of the screen.
2) I'm using two monitors and still can't figure out what the 3 dots in Event Montage, top right of the screen, do. When I press them, one of the monitors disappears and doesn't come back when I press the dots again. Not sure what's the intended function?
What _should_ be happening is the monitors re-arrange themselves row-wise or column wise. That code is buggy - it may not work well with specific sizes - try changing the slider and then using this button. I am eventually going to make it similar to the montage view with drag and re-arrange, so I've been ignoring this for now
3) Using zmNinja creates a number of errors in the ZoneMinder log (eg, socket_sendto(/var/run/zm/zms-501098s.sock ) failed: No such file or directory in /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/functions.php). There are no problems (that I can tell) other than the error in the log, so I've just been ignoring it. The errors stop once zmNinja is shut down.
This should only happen in event montage. Event montage does a lot of work trying to keep the stream active - I found zms (zoneminder streaming server) to be very unstable, so I do a lot of restarts of that process forcibly - please ignore the logs

One feature request:
Of my two monitors, one is using Mocord (continuous recording) and the other is using Modect (motion detection). The Event Montage is essentially useless for the monitor in Mocord because each "event" is a 10 minute long video segment. Perhaps the following features could be added to make Event Montage more useful for monitors in Record or Mocord:
1) Give an option to ONLY play back alarm frames
2) Give an option to hide monitors that are using Record or Mocord
On 1, this is unfortunately not supported by Zoneminder's zms, so I can't support it either as of now.
On 2, good idea.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs