self-signed cert and a warning from android

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
linforpros

self-signed cert and a warning from android

Post by linforpros »

Hi,
after successfully installing and configuring zmNinja on android a message appears on the upper taskbar:

Code: Select all

"A third party is capable of monitoring your network activity, including emails, apps, and secure websites.
a trusted credential installed on your device is making this possible."
How to make this message go away and never pop up again? Is this something that we are to live with as a price for self-signed certs?

thank you for any hints
LinforPros
best regards
LinforPros
asker

Re: self-signed cert and a warning from android

Post by asker »

Yup I hate this. It's apparently a security feature starting kitkat
https://code.google.com/p/android/issue ... l?id=62076

linforpros wrote:Hi,
after successfully installing and configuring zmNinja on android a message appears on the upper taskbar:

Code: Select all

"A third party is capable of monitoring your network activity, including emails, apps, and secure websites.
a trusted credential installed on your device is making this possible."
How to make this message go away and never pop up again? Is this something that we are to live with as a price for self-signed certs?

thank you for any hints
LinforPros
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Re: self-signed cert and a warning from android

Post by asker »

Given the number of people who miss the SSL instructions, and also the fact that Android, starting kitkat posts this weird message, I've removed the requirement to install SSL certs on the phone. This will be part of the next release.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs