zmNinja - Montage view issue (1.0.5)

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
agauthier51

zmNinja - Montage view issue (1.0.5)

Post by agauthier51 »

Hello,

I have a Montage view issue with zmNinja. I am using 4 identical cameras (Foscam FI9853EP) and montage view is strange on my Pixel C (see attached file).

I couldn't make the same view on my phone as it's only a Full-HD display.

Regards,
Arnaud
Attachments
Strange Montage view
Strange Montage view
Screenshot_20160125.png (626.58 KiB) Viewed 3677 times
Brave old Desktop (Ubuntu14.04 - ZM1.29.0 - ZMNinja)
agauthier51

Re: zmNinja - Montage view issue (1.0.5)

Post by agauthier51 »

Oups, my fault, I forgot to toc the "3 dots" on the right position.

But "vertical" view remains strange...
Attachments
Normal view
Normal view
Screenshot_20160125-2.png (824.58 KiB) Viewed 3675 times
Brave old Desktop (Ubuntu14.04 - ZM1.29.0 - ZMNinja)
asker

Re: zmNinja - Montage view issue (1.0.5)

Post by asker »

Hi, yes, zmNinja has two modes of display:
a) Arrange by row (horizontal dots) (usually better with similar sized monitors)
b) Arrange by columns (vertical dots) (usually better with dissimilar sized monitors)

You should choose one that works best for your dimensions of cameras. Here is how it works: when you move the slider,

Mode a) arranges the images horizontally till columns are filled (canvas width) and then moves to the next row.

Mode b) arranges the images vertically - in this mode it will ensure the number of columns are maintained that you selected but will keep laying images vertically till it runs out of height (canvas height) - so it will move to the next column either when height runs out, or if it needs to move to the next column to maintain the column size you selected

I like column mode because it allows images to be tightly packaged as its aligning according to column, but given your # of monitors or size, it can look odd at times, so I offered both.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs