ZM View update

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
bbunge

ZM View update

Post by bbunge »

ZM View has been updated for Android and iOS devices. The update was on the App Store on 18DEC15 and earlier for Android.

bb
McFuzz

Re: ZM View update

Post by McFuzz »

I mentioned it in the 1.28.x forum but I figured I should mention it here as well.

I am running two independent boxes (in two different locations), both running ubuntu 14.03 LTS and 1.28.109. ZMView will show live display of monitors and will playback events while executed within the LAN of both boxes, but not when on WAN. For WAN, I have simply port forward setup which is perfectly accessible through a standard web browser AND works fine using zmNinja.

Here's where it became very interesting - it worked fine AFTER the upgrade for a few days; it only recently 'broke' and I can't quite understand how. I tried installing ZMView on another iOS device - same results. Quite puzzling!

I emailed the folks there so we'll see what they say.
elvisimprsntr

Post by elvisimprsntr »

bbunge wrote:ZM View has been updated for Android and iOS devices. The update was on the App Store on 18DEC15 and earlier for Android.

bb

Description:

zmView on iOS does not allow one to include a port number, unlike previous versions of zmView and before ZM 1.29.0

example: http://hostname:8080/zm

Symptoms:

I can connect to ZM, but cannot access montage view or individual camera live views.

Troubleshooting:

I have confirmed zmView will work with ZM 1.29.0 when using IP address without a port specified. And the latest zmView had previously worked with ZM 1.28.2 with a port specified.

I suggest you look at the your logic for how you detect and build the new ZM URLs, and update to allow a port number to be included.

Submitted ticket: https://html5cloudscom.freshdesk.com/su ... ickets/804

Elvis
gnocera

Post by gnocera »

This is the behaviour with ZMVIEW (Android phone) when connected to Zoneminder 1.29.0.

It work great on LAN with both port 80 and others (i.e 44000)

When we try to connect from WAN with port 44000 (we have configured the accurate port forwading of course), we can connect the ZM server that means we see the list of cameras, but when we try to get some live view of any camera it never show the video.

Something is wrong here.

Regards,

Giuseppe
elvisimprsntr

Post by elvisimprsntr »

Problem solved by switching to zmNinja, a much better app anyway.