zmNinja for desktops

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
BiloxiGeek

Re: zmNinja for desktops

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Code: Select all

Nov 13, 2015 11:02:36 AM INFO PATH_ZMS:/cgi-bin/nph-zms ,Path ZmNinja will use:https://<my IP>:<NAT port>/cgi-bin/nph-zms
I thought it might be the space between "nph-zms" and ",Path", but I couldn't find any errant spaces in the settings. Where do those setting get stored?
asker

Post by asker »

No, that space is just a printing error.
I'm wondering if you fiddled with your ZM settings manually in apache etc

Hmmm. Let's do this: go to regular zoneminder web console, click on live view for a monitor and confirm that you can see the feed. If you can, right click, view source and take a look at the cgi-bin path there for the img src tag.

Also tell me a little more about your ZM install:
a) Auth enabled or no auth?
b) In addition to SSL do you use client certs?
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Auth is enabled, SSL got enabled when I updated to the testing repo 1.28.107 package yesterday. Everything on the web interface was working OK yesterday. I've fiddled with the path settings a couple time since then but have reverted to what they started out with.

Now I'm having new issues. The web interface works, but viewing live streams or events is not working. I'm 99% sure that the only difference between 2 days ago and today is that I updated to 1.28.107, and that enabled SSL.

Gotta let this problem sit for awhile due to some of that "Real Life" stuff. Should be able to get back and hammer away at finding the problem tomorrow afternoon.
asker

Post by asker »

BiloxiGeek wrote: Now I'm having new issues. The web interface works, but viewing live streams or events is not working. I'm 99% sure that the only difference between 2 days ago and today is that I updated to 1.28.107, and that enabled SSL.
Okay, that would be the issue. Note that 107+ changed cgi-bin paths, if you are using ubuntu
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=23375&p=89025#p89025

Once you fix your ZM install, zmNinja should start working
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

I guess I messed something up in the paths, but I really thought any of the changes I've done recently were reverted when it didn't react the way I thought it would.

Does anything look obviously wrong with the paths here:
Attachments
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (42.94 KiB) Viewed 5711 times
asker

Post by asker »

You need to go through the link I posted above, especially if you are on ubuntu. Chances are you did not read the cgi-bin apache instructions.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

asker wrote:Are you sure you downloaded the right file? zmNinja-win.zip and that you downloaded the ZIP file, not the folder? You should have seen a screen like this -- and then downloaded the ZIP.

After downloading, unzip, and double click on zmninja.exe ?

Yes, I think I did download the correct zip file. Extracted the files and clicked on the .exe
and zmNinja won't start and complains the OS is not compatible. I don't really know where to start to see whats up.
asker

Post by asker »

rockedge: do you have a 32bit or 64bit system?

ES docs
zmNinja docs
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

I am running all 32bit systems.
asker

Post by asker »

Rockedge, can you join the discussion at https://discuss.atom.io/t/os-not-suppor ... ws-7/22695 and post a screenshot of the error?

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

Actually, please hold on. I think I am using a 64bit packager. Let me send you a 32 bit packager and let me know if it works

ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

asker wrote:You need to go through the link I posted above, especially if you are on ubuntu. Chances are you did not read the cgi-bin apache instructions.
I'm running on SciLinux 7.1. Checked /etc/httpd/conf.d/zoneminder.conf and found

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin-zm "/usr/libexec/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
Tweaked everything and the desktop app is mostly working now. All the monitors are good for live viewing. But when I try to watch a recorded event I get the camera icon with the big question mark. Using the web interface event viewing works.
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Saw this in the log after turning on debug.

DEBUG DataModel/setLogin: writing {"username":"myuser","password":"mypass","url":"https://myexternalhostname.com:<NAT port>/zm","apiurl":https://myexternalhostname.com:<NAT port>/zm/api","eventServer":"wss://myinternalhostname:9000","maxMontage":"10","streamingurl":"https://myexternalhostname.com:<NAT port>/cgi-bin-zm/nph-zms","maxFPS"...<bunch of other stuff>
The wss: link is what caught my eye. I changed the zmNinja setup so it would use the external hostname and come back in my network through the router and NAT so the setup would be the same when I get around to trying the IOS app. At first I was using the internal host name and no port.
asker

Post by asker »

Rockedge please download the 32bit ZIP and let me know
rockedge wrote:
I am running all 32bit systems.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

BiloxiGeek wrote:
asker wrote:You need to go through the link I posted above, especially if you are on ubuntu. Chances are you did not read the cgi-bin apache instructions.
I'm running on SciLinux 7.1. Checked /etc/httpd/conf.d/zoneminder.conf and found

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin-zm "/usr/libexec/zoneminder/cgi-bin"
Tweaked everything and the desktop app is mostly working now. All the monitors are good for live viewing. But when I try to watch a recorded event I get the camera icon with the big question mark. Using the web interface event viewing works.

This always is due to php-gd5 not installed correctly. Take a look at your apache error logs when you try and view events. If you see "jpeg errors" that means php-gd5 is not accessible or not installed. I don't know specifics of SciLinux but in ubuntu its sudo apt-get install php5-gd followed by an apache restart

ES docs
zmNinja docs