ZmNinja: Release specific notes

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
BiloxiGeek

Re: ZmNinja: Release specific notes

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Any plan to let zmNinja select groups of monitors that are defined via the web interface?

I built two groups for my set up, one for low definition feeds and one for high definition feeds. It would be nice if I could get zmNinja to only show me the monitors and events from one group or the other.
asker

Post by asker »

note that zmNinja supports multiple ZM servers - you can easily create multiple profiles and configure only specific monitors in each one. Nothing stops you from specifying the same ZM server in all profiles, but different monitors (you do this by hiding the monitors you don't want to see in montage view and make sure persist hidden monitors is on).

So the short answer is no, I don't have direct ZM group support yet, but you can use the multi-server profile of ZMNinja to achieve it.
BiloxiGeek wrote:Any plan to let zmNinja select groups of monitors that are defined via the web interface?

I built two groups for my set up, one for low definition feeds and one for high definition feeds. It would be nice if I could get zmNinja to only show me the monitors and events from one group or the other.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
Bekirk

Post by Bekirk »

note that zmNinja supports multiple ZM servers - you can easily create multiple profiles and configure only specific monitors in each one. Nothing stops you from specifying the same ZM server in all profiles, but different monitors (you do this by hiding the monitors you don't want to see in montage view and make sure persist hidden monitors is on).

So the short answer is no, I don't have direct ZM group support yet, but you can use the multi-server profile of ZMNinja to achieve it.
I had a similar setup with the 2 low res monitors for modect, and 2 high res monitors that I link to the 2 low res monitors. And have them set to nodect. This means both high res monitors recorded when there is motion in the low res monitors. I didn't want to see them in any of my views, so I didn't set up a different zm server I set up a different user that can't see the low res monitors and when I log in now I only see the high res monitors!! Thank you, this post helped me come to that conclusion!

zmninja is amazing!

Thank you!