open source ZM client: ZmNinja (uses ZoneMinder APIs)

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
BiloxiGeek

Re: open source ZM client: ZmNinja (uses ZoneMinder APIs)

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Started app, set debug logs, resized the montage view, moved the monitors around, went to help page and then back to montage. The view was reset back to default.

Logs sent.
asker

Post by asker »

BiloxiGeek wrote:Started app, set debug logs, resized the montage view, moved the monitors around, went to help page and then back to montage. The view was reset back to default.

Logs sent.
Thanks - responded. I think removing and re-installing the app will solve the problem. I think what has happened is 10 were hidden in the old version and in the new version, there is no way (yet) to hide a monitor in the app, but that setting gets applied, resetting it each time.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

On iPad: Uninstalled, reinstalled, duplicated the settings by looking at my iPhone and the problem still exists.

One thing that seems odd... After reinstalling shouldn't I have seen all 20 monitors? Or is zmninja somehow able to figure out its ten cameras with two streams each?
asker

Post by asker »

Ah, go to dev settings - change Max montage to 30 or something. Then go to montage and arrange.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

That fixed it, thanks!

Now that the initial problem is fixed, can I do something so all the low def monitors don't show up in the montage view or will it keep the layout settings to break again?

BTW, I'd like to have the low def monitors available everywhere but the montage. So I can see events from them, their settings but not montage. When I resize the montage to a comfy viewable size they get pixelated to the point of being kind of ugly. To make them look right the hidef monitors are way too small.
asker

Post by asker »

a) The current version of the app does not allow monitor hiding but the next version will. Can you send me an email (pliablepixels @ gmai) so I can add you to the beta in a few days

b) On your montage resize, the current version allows you to resize individual monitors (tap on the icon with 4 arrows, then tap on a single monitor - that will get a red border - now resize will only apply to that) - so you don't have to resize them all.
BiloxiGeek wrote:That fixed it, thanks!

Now that the initial problem is fixed, can I do something so all the low def monitors don't show up in the montage view or will it keep the layout settings to break again?

BTW, I'd like to have the low def monitors available everywhere but the montage. So I can see events from them, their settings but not montage. When I resize the montage to a comfy viewable size they get pixelated to the point of being kind of ugly. To make them look right the hidef monitors are way too small.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Got the update on my iPhone, working nicely so far. On my iPad the update is available but won't download. Pretty sure it's not an issue with the app, more like something with my iPad or the app store. Seen it on a few other apps from time to time. But I thought you might want a heads up. Most likely by tomorrow or the next day it'll update just fine.
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

BiloxiGeek wrote:Got the update on my iPhone, working nicely so far. On my iPad the update is available but won't download. Pretty sure it's not an issue with the app, more like something with my iPad or the app store. Seen it on a few other apps from time to time. But I thought you might want a heads up. Most likely by tomorrow or the next day it'll update just fine.
Just tried again on the iPad and the update worked with no problems.
kwadrat

Post by kwadrat »

Hi,

thanks a lot for great app. I've got one question about it is possible for you to add new functionality in app?

Can you in application add function to upload notification (push) sound file? I do not have rooted phone and can not access ZmNinja directory. What i want to achieve is to be able to select file which will be played when notification arrive. At night for example 00:00 to 5:00 AM I would like to have loud sound "car alarm" or similar which will wake me from bed when there will be movement in my garage.

I can edit zmeventnotification.pl and add "if" when time is between 00:00 - 5:00 to set different "sound":"blop" but can not add different sound file into zmNinja directory.

I think it could be very useful functionality for security reason. If "robber" will be in my garage at night push notification will wake me up. But this will work only at specified period of time (night).

If not maybe just add extra sound in "music" directory in next version - for example one from http://www.soundsnap.com/tags/alarm ?

Right now I've got script in cronjob which is checking at night every minute is there event with Alarm. If yes it is sending e-mail and on Android I've setup special ring for those e-mail. Problem is that it have a ~5minut delay - 5 minut can save my car for being stolen :)

Would be great!

Thanks.
asker

Post by asker »

Hi there, this is a feature that I will eventually have to research and add - the issue I've seen so far is the sound needs to be inside the resource directory of android for this to work - so I don't (yet) know how to make it work with resources not bundled in.

That being said, if you have some options of short sounds that are royalty free I can look at adding them as options. The link you pointed me to is paid for - so I can't include it as part of my source code on github.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
bendon

Post by bendon »

App is fair enough but make more light as possible! and what about the new updates and features.. ?