open source ZM client: ZmNinja (uses ZoneMinder APIs)

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
Andre81

Re: Working on an open source ZM client: ZmNinja

Post by Andre81 »

asker wrote:Lots of new updates:
Both Android and iOS ports are rock solid. Events view integrated, with skip/prev/next/pause/play
If any of you want to install the APIs for ZoneMinder, I'll be happy to send you the app to test

https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinja

Hi asker, I want to test your app, either iOS and Android 5

Thanks

Andrea
patpend

Post by patpend »

Both Android and iOS ports are rock solid. Events view integrated, with skip/prev/next/pause/play
If any of you want to install the APIs for ZoneMinder, I'll be happy to send you the app to test

https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinja
Great project, I'm happy to help test the app on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. I plan to use an existing docker container that includes 1.28.1 with the APIs, or build one myself if necessary. Thinking out loud, which port(s) does the API expect to be open? Docker remaps ports by default, so they need to be defined on the docker side and/or a setting provided in the app which allows the port to be changed.
asker

Post by asker »

Patpend, thanks for your offer.
I've been working with the ZM devs to get the APIs incorporated into the master branch, which is done.
iconnor is working on adding an authentication layer - I really want to wait for that, test that myself first and then release a package for the app.
Hopefully in a few days/weeks --> not quite sure as it would depend on his schedule.

I'll post an update when that happens

patpend wrote:
a
Great project, I'm happy to help test the app on iPhone, iPad, and Android devices. I plan to use an existing docker container that includes 1.28.1 with the APIs, or build one myself if necessary. Thinking out loud, which port(s) does the API expect to be open? Docker remaps ports by default, so they need to be defined on the docker side and/or a setting provided in the app which allows the port to be changed.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
McFuzz

Post by McFuzz »

Looks fantastic!
jhmiller

Post by jhmiller »

Could I test the android app?
I have been working on a ZM plugin for Openmediavault. I think i have built the package with the API commands but I am not sure how to test apart from using your app.

Thanks
Miller
asker

Post by asker »

jhmiller wrote:Could I test the android app?
I have been working on a ZM plugin for Openmediavault. I think i have built the package with the API commands but I am not sure how to test apart from using your app.

Thanks
Miller
You sure can. But before you do, make sure you have the right API installed. The full APIs are only available on the master branch today, not in 1.28.1 even if you use cmake (its installs APIs which are not complete)

An easy way for you to test, once you have the APIs set up is to do this from your terminal:

Code: Select all

curl http://server/zm/api/host/getVersion.json 
(replace server with the IP/port of your ZM install)
If this does not produce

Code: Select all

{
    "version": "1.28.1",
    "apiversion": "1.28.1.1"
}
You have either (depending on the error):
1. Not installed the APIs
2. Installed the APIs but not configured it correctly
3. Using an incomplete/old version of the API
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

The automatic package with APIs is taking time, so in the mean time, if you are interested,
I've written up how to set up a ZM instance from source with cmake. It will also setup your APIs and set up basic security for your APIs.

If you are able to get it up and running, then I'll be happy to send you the app to test.

The instructions are for Ubuntu 14 - that's all I have to test

https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinj ... --security

thx

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

I now have beta-test versions ready for iOS and Android. If you have an API version ready as per the instructions below, please shoot me an email and I'll be happy to send you a version to test (as long as you provide feedback).

thx
asker wrote:The automatic package with APIs is taking time, so in the mean time, if you are interested,
I've written up how to set up a ZM instance from source with cmake. It will also setup your APIs and set up basic security for your APIs.

If you are able to get it up and running, then I'll be happy to send you the app to test.

The instructions are for Ubuntu 14 - that's all I have to test

https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmNinj ... --security

thx

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Re: open source ZM client: ZmNinja

Post by asker »

For folks who have contacted me to test the app, please read the first post in this thread for pre-requisites.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

Hi asker,

Request for a function-> add a button to capture an image for all the active monitors (the current image when the button is clicked), and get the image to your phone or email.

What do you think?

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
asker

Post by asker »

Hi PacoLM, I think thats a good idea. I can add a 'take snapshot' button that will directly save an image to your phone/tablet
PacoLM wrote:Hi asker,

Request for a function-> add a button to capture an image for all the active monitors (the current image when the button is clicked), and get the image to your phone or email.

What do you think?

PacoLM

ES docs
zmNinja docs
PacoLM

Post by PacoLM »

That will be wonderful. I didn't installed the app yet. :roll:
I have to find some time to read carefully the instructions. By the way, do I need to uninstall/install ZM1.28 in order to get the API or it's a add-on?

Thanks!

PacoLM

After more than 15 years, no longer using ZM as surveillance system.
Now in the dark side, using a commercial system...
asker

Post by asker »

uninstall/install following my instructions would be the easiest way till iconnor releases a PPA
PacoLM wrote:That will be wonderful. I didn't installed the app yet. :roll:
I have to find some time to read carefully the instructions. By the way, do I need to uninstall/install ZM1.28 in order to get the API or it's a add-on?

Thanks!

PacoLM

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

Quick update:

zmNinja now has real time scrubbing (back and forward) of events - much better performance than the zone minder events control. It also shows you where the alarm frames are so you can scrub to that point.

Slide away!

You can now also capture a photo of a live view and store it in your phone photo album.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

Some awesome new updates:

(Alpha-testers will automatically get an update with timeline pushed to their phones.)

In addition to the incredible(tm), life changing(tm) "Events scrubbing" feature, zmNinja now has pan-zoom capable timeline. Magical(tm), life enhancing(tm)!

You can zoom in/out, select specific date ranges and tap on the timeline to scrub specific images. How cool is that?

S

(For the testers: timeline is a resource intensive operation and the way ZM returns data in the API makes it very timeline unfriendly, so I've made compromises. Also while this timeline is fully touch pan/zoom capable, for performance reasons I've had to disable that and enable pan/zoom via buttons. More on that in 1-1 developer-tester emails)

ES docs
zmNinja docs